PDA

View Full Version : Standard Play?

toss
08-25-2005, 07:20 PM
5/10 Full

Two MP limpers, I raise with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif from MP3, good TAG 3-bets, only one limper calls, I call.

Flop is 28Qr (11SB) with one heart. Limper bets, I raise, TAG 3-bets, we all call.

Turn is a blank 3. Check, check, Bet, call, call.

River is a blank 7 (13BB) Limper bets, I call...

Edit: The limper is probably a donk.

Grease
08-25-2005, 07:23 PM
Is this one of those scenarios where you do not want overcalls?

I think I raise here to put the TAG to a decision. He knows that you know that the limper will call the raise, and will probably put you on a monster. If he has AQ here, I can see him folding, and he may even fold an overpair. The only problem is that you didn't make any action on the turn, and he may see through your plan and call you down.

I fold if 3-bet, but I may have FPS.

Others please comment.

baronzeus
08-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Raising the river and folding out the TAG would be so badass. Unfortunately, I think it's unlikely.

silkyslim
08-25-2005, 07:26 PM
what is TAG flop 3-betting after a pf 3-bet that you beat? I dont think he's do that with an underpair (TT, JJ) or AK, which are the only reasonable hands that you are ahead of. The pot is big enough to peel on the turn for two pair and trips, but it might make the TAG a set. I would probably fold the turn but maybe the river is a better place. Am i awful?

toss
08-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I didn't raise the river because I know that the TAG knows that the 7 didn't help my hand and will probably see through my play. I called since I want to showdown in this large pot.

shant
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Is the flop raise all that necessary? There's only 3 overcards to protect against, and no draws on this flop. Although if I just call the flop, I can't think of a good turn plan at the moment.

08-25-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5/10 Full

Two MP limpers, I raise with K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif from MP3, good TAG 3-bets, only one limper calls, I call.

Flop is 28Qr (11SB) with one heart. Limper bets, I raise, TAG 3-bets, we all call.

Turn is a blank 3. Check, check, Bet, call, call.

River is a blank 7 (13BB) Limper bets, I call...

Edit: The limper is probably a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not my limit but I would hope TAG just calls. I would play it the same - and pray. Hands like these make me hope he's on JJ and trying to get me out to go HU with a bad(?) limper. What is the limper doing on the river anyway? It's odd he calls 2 cold on the flop.

toss
08-25-2005, 08:48 PM
With the pot getting bigger I felt I needed to raise and protect.

My question is whether I should fold the turn since the TAG's range for 3-betting the flop beats me and anything I can draw to.