PDA

View Full Version : ATo river decision

DavidC
08-25-2005, 06:49 PM
This seems to happen to me a fair bit. Villain is unknown. What the hell do I do? Folding could be a mistake, but the pot's not massive or anything, and calling could be a mistake too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero?

08-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I would fold anyway. You have plain nothing. And since you didn't mention any reads on your opponents, I wouldn't assume that he bluffs. He played very passivly all the time. He could have limped with anything like T9, Q9, K9, A3 (even offsuit and he didn't trust his bottom pair on the turn) not considering all the hands with an 8 or small pocket pairs. I've seen a lot of opponents playing very strong holdings tremendously passive. Therefore I think, calling is the worst option, because you can only hope to bust a bluff. Same goes for raising. If he has anything other than that pair of 8s, he won't fold for the one bet. Probably he has something small that now kills you.

Regards,

G.

Online247
08-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Not betting the turn is criminal imo. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your hand has no showdown value, meaning if you don't make a hand you are folding to a river bet. Hence why it's better to use your Big bet on the turn rather than the river.

In the context of the hand I fold this river because the pot is small.

Mike

DavidC
08-25-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold anyway. You have plain nothing. And since you didn't mention any reads on your opponents, I wouldn't assume that he bluffs. He played very passivly all the time. He could have limped with anything like T9, Q9, K9, A3 (even offsuit and he didn't trust his bottom pair on the turn) not considering all the hands with an 8 or small pocket pairs. I've seen a lot of opponents playing very strong holdings tremendously passive. Therefore I think, calling is the worst option, because you can only hope to bust a bluff. Same goes for raising. If he has anything other than that pair of 8s, he won't fold for the one bet. Probably he has something small that now kills you.

Regards,

G.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, between raising, calling, and folding, calling couldn't be my worst option if I can only hope to bust a bluff (due to the number of hands that I want him to fold that he may have bet the river with).

Everything else you've said here sounds right, though.

ArturiusX
08-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I bet the turn, planning to take a free showdown. Good folding equity + the last money we need to put in probably. If he shows any aggression, fold it.

Also, I'm seeing this hand to a showdown 100% of the time.

ArturiusX
08-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Err, I mean, you should be wanting to go to a showdown 100% of the time, UI or improved.