PDA

View Full Version : I need FAST help on fantasy draft.

08-25-2005, 05:59 PM
I am in a 16-team league QB/1-2 RB/2-3 WR/1 TE/1 PK/1 DT

1 point per 10 yards rushing
1 point per 10 yards receiving
1 point per 20 yards passing
1 point per reception

6 points for each rushing TD
6 points for each receiving TD
4 points for each passing TD
-1 points for each INT

My picks so far:

Julius Jones
Corey Dillon
Antonio Gates
Michael Clayton

I have the next two consecutive picks and here are my choices:

QBs: Carson Palmer, Matt Hasselbeck, Tom Brady
RBs: Jerome Bettis
WRs: Chris Chambers, Jimmy Smith, Derrick Mason

I'm leaning towards taking Palmer and Chambers. I have quit a bit of time left to choose, but please expedite.

CollinEstes
08-25-2005, 06:03 PM
With so many teams I would lock up Palmer because you would hate to go with like a Kurt Warner as your starter two rounds later.

Personally I think Mason will have a better year than Chambers, but that is a feel choice.

08-25-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I think Mason will have a better year than Chambers, but that is a feel choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I worry about QB situation on both teams. What about Smith?

I took Palmer with my first pick to buy some time.

CollinEstes
08-25-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I worry about QB situation on both teams. What about Smith?

I took Palmer with my first pick to buy some time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same situation, looking at a spreadsheet of Top WRs from a website I think is pretty good they rank them in this order.

Mason, Smith, Chambers.

The good thing about Mason over the other two is the Defense is going to give the Offense alot of oppurtunities and with some new coordinators and Quarterback coach they probably will be looking to throw more and Mason will be their go to guy.

That said, all three are close and you gotta go with your gut.

The Armchair
08-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Any of the three QBs are fine. I'd have gone Brady, Hasselbeck, Palmer.

Take Chambers with the other pick. He's a stud.

08-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks, ended up going with Palmer and Chambers as I originally planned. Do you think Brady is significantly better than Palmer?

Stay tuned for end of 7th and 8th rounds in a few minutes. I may need some more help. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roster:

Julius Jones
Corey Dillon
Antonio Gates
Michael Clayton
Carson Palmer
Chris Chambers

08-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Okay, my 7th/8th round picks have rolled around.

My options:

RB-Anderson, Pittman, Droughns
WR-Houshmandzedeh, Santana Moss

After these rounds, I will find very slim pickings at RB, so I'm planning to take Anderson and Pittman.

Houshmandzedeh may be best value of the 5, but I think I might be able to find some decent WRs with my next two picks. Thoughts?

MarkL444
08-25-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i seem to consistently agree with everything you say around here

JayLear
08-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Palmer & Mason...

The Armchair
08-25-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, ended up going with Palmer and Chambers as I originally planned. Do you think Brady is significantly better than Palmer?

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the non-Manning QBs are significantly better than the pack of other QBs. Not even Culpepper, who figures to take statistical hits due to losing Moss and having an improved defense.

Palmer has been struggling all pre-season, so I'm a bit shy of him, but on the other hand, he is one of the few starting QB with a fantasy-quality backup.

[ QUOTE ]

Stay tuned for end of 7th and 8th rounds in a few minutes. I may need some more help. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roster:

Julius Jones
Corey Dillon
Antonio Gates
Michael Clayton
Carson Palmer
Chris Chambers

[/ QUOTE ]

Best WR/RB available.

JayLear
08-25-2005, 07:04 PM
I like the Anderson pick -- if he retains the starting job, and in the likely case Bell gets hurt. I hate Pittman -- he's going to be a backup for a team that won't run very well.

Houzmandskenglkeng...whatever his name is. The Cincy WR.

The Armchair
08-25-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i seem to consistently agree with everything you say around here

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I spend a lot of time on this stuff, sad as it may be.

By the way, I'm a big Derrick Mason fan, but his OPE score is bad. (If you don't know what OPE is, buy Pro Football Prospectus.)

SL__72
08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Get Volek.

The Armchair
08-25-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, my 7th/8th round picks have rolled around.

My options:

RB-Anderson, Pittman, Droughns
WR-Houshmandzedeh, Santana Moss

After these rounds, I will find very slim pickings at RB, so I'm planning to take Anderson and Pittman.

Houshmandzedeh may be best value of the 5, but I think I might be able to find some decent WRs with my next two picks. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

DO NOT TAKE MICHAEL PITTMAN.

Anderson and Hozyodaddy are good. Moss is fine too, but Anderson is a must. Because you have Palmer, I'd take TJ Hooker.

08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Cool, I ended up taking TJ and Anderson. Man, I'm good. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SL__72
08-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Is Mewelde Moore gone?

JayLear
08-25-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT TAKE MICHAEL PITTMAN.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Armchair
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to waste a draft pick? Get Volek.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

1) He's a backup in the NFL. He's only worth something to you if both Palmer and McNair go down.

2) He shares a bye week with Palmer.

3) You don't need a backup QB, especially if you take Jon Kitna. When week 10 rolls around, you drop someone of marginal value and pick up whatever random QB is floating around -- even AJ Feeley/Gus Frerrote is acceptable for a one week stint.

[ QUOTE ]
Is Mewelde Moore gone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he went 16 picks earlier. Basically every passable RB is gone now. Pittman and Droughns were both taken since I picked.

SL__72
08-25-2005, 07:10 PM
I was joking about the frailty of McNair

JayLear
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I knew that had to be a joke...

The Armchair
08-25-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Mewelde Moore gone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he went 16 picks earlier. Basically every passable RB is gone now. Pittman and Droughns were both taken since I picked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I PMed you a list of three potential sleepers.

The Armchair
08-25-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, thank god.

08-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Update

Here is draft so far:

Julius Jones
Corey Dillon
Antonio Gates
Michael Clayton
Carson Palmer
Mike Anderson
TJ Houshmandzedeh
Justin McCareins
Braylon Edwards

I'm not sure who will be available in the 11th/12th. Brandon Jacobs is still on the board and I will take him if he falls.

The Armchair
08-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Is Kitna still there? Grab him -- there's no one else who is going to make an impact that should still be around.

Aces McGee
08-26-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need a backup QB, especially if you take Jon Kitna. When week 10 rolls around, you drop someone of marginal value and pick up whatever random QB is floating around -- even AJ Feeley/Gus Frerrote is acceptable for a one week stint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that this is a 16-team league and knowing how many people love backup QBs, isn't it optimistic to think that there'll be a starter available later?

-McGee

The Armchair
08-26-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't need a backup QB, especially if you take Jon Kitna. When week 10 rolls around, you drop someone of marginal value and pick up whatever random QB is floating around -- even AJ Feeley/Gus Frerrote is acceptable for a one week stint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that this is a 16-team league and knowing how many people love backup QBs, isn't it optimistic to think that there'll be a starter available later?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Very few teams are going to draft the Bears or Dolphins' QB because of the controvery. Rattay/Smith may have the same problem. Trent Dilfer is likely to be around.

None of these guys are solutions as fantasy starters, but if you have Palmer, you can get Kitna and not worry about it. But when bye week rolls around, someone on that list will be available on waivers, you'll have better information, and you can survive using that guy in a one-week fill-in role.