PDA

View Full Version : Shortstack hand

gol4pro
08-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I lost a good amount on the previous hand, so I'm down to 37BB before I can reload.

The game is 6-max NL 1/2 at pacific. As previously stated, I'm down to 74$ from the last hand.

I'm dealt 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in CO. UTG+1 limps, who's fairly loose passive, and easy to outplay post flop. I switch gears and raise the pot to 4xBB, and the button (also loose passive cold calls), UTG+1 calls too.

Pot 25$
Flop 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
-- UTG+1 checks, I bet 15$ trying to represent high cards, Button calls, UTG+1 folds

Pot 54$
Turn 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
-- At this point I'm 85% sure he's on a club draw because of the amount of time it took him to call on the flop. I've only got about 50 left, and I want him to fish for his clubs getting terrible odds. He's only got 7 live outs.

-- Hero bets 35$,

Is this bet better than a straight up all in as it is more likely to get a fish to call? Or should I just shove and hope he makes an ever bigger mistake?

Obviously, if a non-pairing club falls on the river, I'd pay it off getting 10:1