PDA

View Full Version : Paradise is easier due to WSOP promotion?

roGER
04-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Hello everyone,

Is it just me, or have any of you noticed that Paradise seems to be a lot easier of late due to the WSOP promotion?

I don't have any figures to confirm this, but it seems that a significant number of players are playing much worse in order to collect the points needed for a place in the tournament...

Certainly, if you can cope with the bad-beats, you may well notice your win rate increasing quite nicely.

There again, it may be that I'm simply experiencing a good run of cards that has coincided with the promotion.

What do the rest of you think?

- roGER

beernutz
04-08-2003, 09:56 PM
I wrote this in another post also. I think Paradise is a lot easier/looser during ANY promotion. I made an absolute killing playing limit there during that last paypal deposit bonus and it wasn't because I got good cards or am a particularly good player. It is just that during that time MANY other players were playing HORRIBLY, as if they didn't even fully understand the rules of the game or even hand rankings. FWIW, I tried to move up in limits after the bonus period had subsided and managed to give back most of my plunder.

Robk
04-08-2003, 10:06 PM
I have noticed this too, in particular the NL games. It could well be my imagination though.

davidross
04-08-2003, 11:18 PM
The games are much looser, and I'm one of the looser ones. In session 1 I wasn't trying to get a spot and I killed the 5/10 game playing normaly. I competed in session 2 and took a bath playing way too loose.

I will play 2/4 or 1/2 next time I want to qualify.

RollaJ
04-09-2003, 11:02 AM
NL games are a joke during the qualifying periods.......

Hmmmmmmm..... Ill bet the pot /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Jeffro
04-09-2003, 12:10 PM
Noticed your name in the top 100, so at least you got the spot. I've played just about everyday during the promtion even in the off times and noticed the games have been great. At least 2 or 3 players in every game seeing 40% of the flops, which under normal circumstance I don't find in these Paradise games. I've weighed the risk/reward factor for this promotion and think I'm better off just fleecing the heard, then getting a 1 in a 100 shot at $10,000.