PDA

View Full Version : Final Table Hand with 88

08-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Party 30+3 with 9 left and blinds of 1.5/3K. Everyone was playing cautiously and first raiser normally takes the pot. UTG (73K) whom I played in an earlier table is selectively aggressive and pretty good IMO who seldom gets called and shows down only good cards AK, QQ and AT in earlier hands raised to 10.3K. Folded to me in MP, I am the only one who can bust him with 82K and found black 8s. I want no less than the top 3. My best move is????

If relevant, the other stacks are from 7.5 to 42K.

08-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Sometimes you know you're beat and you got to lay it down.

CardSharpCook
08-25-2005, 04:30 PM
He can walk away from 60-70% of his UTG raising hands. When he calls, you're about a 2:1 dog. 15K in the pot, which you take 70% of the time. Pushing here cripples you 20% of the time. 10% of the time you'll have a monster stack.

UTG hands he folds:
JJ-77, AQs-ATs, AQo-ATo, KQs/o, +a few more hands he is getting frisky with.

UTG hands that call:
QQ(usually), KK, AA, AKs/o.

UseThePeenEnd
08-25-2005, 04:37 PM
M of 2 = push with virtually anything, especially with this decent hand where you are first in.

08-25-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
M of 2 = push with virtually anything, especially with this decent hand where you are first in.

[/ QUOTE ]I guess you can't read.

CardSharpCook
08-25-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a nice random fact, but has nothing to do with this hand. Hero has an M of 18 and there is a UTG raise to 3.5BBs.

AACardPlayer
08-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Since your read here on UTG was that he had been playing selectively aggressive and shown down good hands I think you need to respect his UTG raise and can release 88 here. If the raise would've came from a later position, that's a different situation and a push would probably be the play, but raising from UTG usually means he got a good holding. I'd pick a better spot, keep hammering on the small stacks trying to move up in $, and bust the UTG fool next time he got the nerve to raise your BB.

08-25-2005, 11:26 PM
CSC,

Pardon my ignorance. I have been reading an M of so and so but I do not even know what it stands and for, how do you calculate it and how does it gets into the picture of your decision making. Can you please elaborate?

BTW, after running my time bank to the last second, I mucked. Villain was gracious enough to show QQ.

08-25-2005, 11:33 PM
It is bad enough that this LLM is unashamedly using the name of the one of the best players but his posts are becoming to be extremely annoying not to mention that they just clutters the meaningful discussions of this board. Can the moderators do something about this?