PDA

View Full Version : I need to justify my fold of TPTK....or a kick in the pants.

08-25-2005, 03:33 PM
WPT Satelite qualifier 42+4 MTT on PokerRoom. 36 players remain paying 5 spots. I wish there was a way to retrieve HH from PokerRoom once you're done...I'm reconstructing.
The only read I have is on UTG as an extrememly wild player, I would have called in an instant had the button not been in. Can you call assuming the button knows that UTG is wild so he might call with 2 overs or a pair which you have beat? I figured he most likely had 77, 88, or trips.

Hero is the BB (t100)

UTG t700
UTG+1 t1500
MP t1000
MP2 t1800
MP3 t2000
CO t1400
Bttn t725
SB t1600
Hero t1500

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls t100, 5 folds, button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Pot is t300
Flop is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets t165, UTG raises t600 All-in, Bttn raises t25 and is All-in, Hero folds.

results:
<font color="white"> UTG turns over Td 7d, Button has Ad 4h; and his pair of fours hold up and I'm bashing my head into the table. </font>

CardSharpCook
08-25-2005, 04:46 PM
yeah, I'm looking at over-diamonds as one holding, but the other holding could be another 6, could be trips, or could be an overpair. Given that the overdiamonds are beating you right now, it really isn't worth calling TWO all-ins. Don't get me wrong, though, there is a very good chance that you are currently "ahead" though ahead in this case means that you are an underdog to win the hand given the number of outs your opponent has.