PDA

View Full Version : trying again here

dreq
08-25-2005, 03:12 PM
So this particular tourney has been going on for over 8 years every thursday, i just happened to walk into it.

Buy in $20 in cash. About 14-18 people. The game is dealers choice with 7 card stud (roll your own acceptable), omaha, holdem, 5 card stud, and 5 card draw being the games that you can play.

Every 1/2 hour the minimum bet and the ante's double. Starting at 25cent and 50 cents until its over. 50/1 1/2 2/4 4/8 8/16 is usally the last. The last 3 people in keep the money in front of them.

This is not quite a table stakes game. There are no side pots. IF you have $12 in front of you. Pay your $4 ante and pay $4 to see the flop, You have to pay 4 to see the turn and then if there are any bets you have to go light. So that could be another $16 or more. If you go light and lose you pay from your pocket and head to the sidelines.

Also with holdem and omaha. The guy to the left of the dealer gets the first bet, but the flop first bet is done by the guy to the left of him and so on. So the dealer doesn't have total positional advantage.

There is no check and raise.

First question.

Which game gives the dealer the most advantage? I kept playing holdem since i knew it the best and i had the button for the frist two cards and one off for the flop.

Second question -omaha

flop is 6 5 Q
turn is the 3

I have $16 in front of me at the turn. The pot contains $20 for the antes. $20 for the first four and $20 for the flop. The action is then bet $4(original bettor), raise $8, fold, call $8, then me, then an agressive player. My two cards that matter are the 87 with two other cards being the A2 . There are 10 people left in the tourney. 5 on this table and 5 on another. $18 people playing.

What do I do on the turn?

Did i make a bad call on the first 4? or the flop?

Post Extras Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator

lucas9000
08-25-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every 1/2 hour the minimum bet and the ante's double. Starting at 25cent and 50 cents until its over. 50/1 1/2 2/4 4/8 8/16 is usally the last. The last 3 people in keep the money in front of them.

This is not quite a table stakes game. There are no side pots. IF you have $12 in front of you. Pay your $4 ante and pay $4 to see the flop, You have to pay 4 to see the turn and then if there are any bets you have to go light. So that could be another $16 or more. If you go light and lose you pay from your pocket and head to the sidelines.

Also with holdem and omaha. The guy to the left of the dealer gets the first bet, but the flop first bet is done by the guy to the left of him and so on. So the dealer doesn't have total positional advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think i'd ever play in this.

timprov
08-25-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i don't think i'd ever play in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding.

To OP: the place for this is Home Poker.

Phat Mack
08-29-2005, 05:09 PM
First, let me say that this sounds like a great tourney. The only thing I don't like is the no check-raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Which game gives the dealer the most advantage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Draw.The only reason not to call it is if there is no action, or you are uncomfortable playing it.

[ QUOTE ]
-omaha
flop is 6 5 Q
turn is the 3

I have $16 in front of me at the turn. The pot contains $20 for the antes. $20 for the first four and $20 for the flop. The action is then bet $4(original bettor), raise $8, fold, call $8, then me, then an agressive player. My two cards that matter are the 87 with two other cards being the A2 . There are 10 people left in the tourney. 5 on this table and 5 on another. $18 people playing.

What do I do on the turn?

Did i make a bad call on the first 4? or the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is hi-lo, you should call. If it's straight high, you didn't want to play this hand in the first place, but here you are. You're getting 9:1 for your 5:1 draw, so a call may be in order, but it sounds like you might get jammed by the aggressive guy behind you. If you feel like gambling, call. If you want to play another hand, fold.

Biggle10
08-29-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?