PDA

View Full Version : Overpair on not too threatening flop...

Tropex
08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
... But angry opponents.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5 (All-In)</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (14.12 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.12 BB

MP seems like a quite conservative player. No reads on SB.

08-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Concentrating more on MP since an "angry" SB going all-in might occur with random holdings, I'm here:

MP raises to start &amp; calls 2 cold pre-flop. He just calls on the flop knowing you raised pre-flop, so he isn't trying to scare you out. But, no 3-bet.

Seemingly instantly forgetting your flop raise, he makes the same play on the turn. He then leads the river.

Given there aren't straight/flush draws early, what hands would he do this with? I'm struggling to see anything other than a flopped set; probably QQ due to the pre-flop play.

BUT, if it was MP that was steaming and not SB (since you say "angry opponents"), there's an outside chance he's got great looking, but worthless cards. I'd be surprised if your Kings were good, but, I suck so who cares what I think?

[Addition:] Just realized MP was "conservative". I think this eliminates AQs+ &amp; low PPs.

Flawed?

jba
08-25-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

MP seems like a quite conservative player.

[/ QUOTE ]

the river raise is unwarranted. I think his donk bet after all your show of strength tells us that he has AQ beat &gt;50% of the time.

einbert
08-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Turn raise is great since SB goes all in and MP just calls, you have a ton of equity here.

I think it's pretty obvious what your hand is by the river, especially if MP is not stupid. When he bets into me here I feel like I am beaten the majority of the time. So, I don't like your river raise.

I'd bet he turned over ATs.

Tropex
08-25-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn raise is great since SB goes all in and MP just calls, you have a ton of equity here.

I think it's pretty obvious what your hand is by the river, especially if MP is not stupid. When he bets into me here I feel like I am beaten the majority of the time. So, I don't like your river raise.

I'd bet he turned over ATs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, hint: I was drawing to 2 outs all the time ;P vs SB ;P

08-25-2005, 05:43 PM
SB's aggression surely is at least as much as MP's, so, between the two of them I still like my original thinking (that you are crushed). Maybe you do too by this response, not sure.

SB = set, what did MP have? AT or something strange?

Chobohoya
08-25-2005, 05:48 PM
MP's play doesn't really make a lot of sense. Because of that, I think raising river is damn near valueless. To me this seems to be standard.

cmwck
08-25-2005, 05:53 PM
This is one of thse bets-out-of-nowhere that should be just called. If he's getting desparate with AK he won't call your raise. I think you would have heard from a Queen by now, so he probably doesn't have that either. Basically I don't see any worse hands that are calling, and all other hands have you beat and thus are 3-betting.

tongni
08-25-2005, 06:48 PM
If you raise this river you must fold to 3bet, especially with the other player protecting the pot.

Tropex
08-26-2005, 06:05 AM
Actually SB had QQ and was slowplaying so I think I lost close to what I would've lost to properly played QQ =]