PDA

View Full Version : random question on wearing hats

wonderwes
08-25-2005, 03:04 PM
This question is random but what better than OOT to ask it. I am in my mid 20's and since I was young I have worn baseball caps throughout my life. Here's the question. Will prolonged use of wearing hats be bad on your scalp and hurt your hairline? (possibly causing you to lose your hair in the future). I say this because I wore this new cap I bought (kinda tight) and it gives me horrid hat hair (all brushed backed) after wearing it all day. I was just curious if there have been studies where constant hat use can be bad on your scalp causing you to lose your hairline.

I am young, and show no signs of losing my hair, but I want to make sure my good fortune continues down the line. I figure male baldness is a fear for all males when they get older.

cdxx
08-25-2005, 03:07 PM
if you live in cold areas, not wearing hats during the winter hurts your hairline. so, depends where you live maybe, stick with the hat nov through march though.

otoh, bad hat hair != losing your hair.

2planka
08-25-2005, 03:09 PM
It's on the interweb. It must be true. (http://www.askmen.com/sports/health/21_mens_health.html)

wonderwes
08-25-2005, 03:11 PM
"According to the American Academy of Dermatology, two out of three men in this country develop some form of balding. Now that's scary!"

Uh yes, that is scary.

jakethebake
08-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Is your hat wearing truly random?