PDA

View Full Version : How to bleed them with the nuts? (okay, near nuts)

playtitleist
08-25-2005, 02:48 PM
PP $11. UNCLEHAPPY was 3-tabling at the time. I made him out to be a decent player. Nastymast had been loose. So, Pre-flop I wanted them in, thus the min-raise. Post-flop I wanted them to move on me.

Note - UNCLEHAPPY might have been on to me. An orbit earlier I went all-in in the BB when he was trying to steal, so he might have seen my min-raise as obvious trap. I was hoping he would think I was donking.

So, how to play this to get maximum return? Did I donk it?

Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: RNCMul (945)
Seat 2: UNCLEPAPPY (510)
Seat 3: daanth930 (915)
Seat 4: fbomsabound (815)
Seat 7: nastymast (1485)
Seat 10: titleistbali (3330)
nastymast posts small blind (25)
titleistbali posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to fbomsabound [ Kd, Ks ]
RNCMul folds.
UNCLEPAPPY calls (50)
daanth930 folds.
fbomsabound raises (100) to 100
nastymast calls (75)
titleistbali folds.
UNCLEPAPPY calls (50)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Tc, Kc, Td ]
nastymast checks.
UNCLEPAPPY checks.
fbomsabound checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 5s ]
nastymast checks.
UNCLEPAPPY checks.
fbomsabound bets (50)
nastymast calls (50)
UNCLEPAPPY folds.
** Dealing River ** : [ 4h ]
nastymast checks.
fbomsabound bets (100)
nastymast calls (100)
** Summary **
Main Pot: 650

btw - bali guy knows the balls to hit

camo1131
08-25-2005, 02:54 PM
I dont particularly like the min raise pf. You are asking to get beat by A7. In an $11, I would raise 200-250.

bluefeet
08-25-2005, 03:02 PM
eh...not too shaby. personally, i like a quick very weak cb on the flop, check/call (maybe check/raise-push depending on size of bet) turn, lead river. but this'll work too.

in my experience, checking on both flop/turn will seldom net you much anyway on the river vs. a decent player (esp. on this board). i'd just assume collect a few on the flop, a few more on the river, with a chance to cash big if anyone gets frisky in the middle.

Edit: and 3/4x PF next time over the limper. you're still likely to get your call -- a min even at this level is going to get you in trouble, when the blinds get priced in with draw hands as the PF pot steadily grows.

playtitleist
08-25-2005, 03:02 PM
I'll give you that, but I was trying to coax them in. Anyway, what about AFTER the flop? How do you maximize the take with the monster?

08-25-2005, 03:06 PM
I like the standard 3bet PF. They aren't folding to a raise unless its huge. After the boat there's not much else you can do, they missed the board and will check/fold just about everything. I think a bet of 150-200 will get called by SB on the river. Other than that, its just one of those times where you cant really extract that much from your holding when they completely miss.

So your best time to get their chips is preflop. Beginning players just cant seem to let go of there hand before they see the full five cards.

Slim Pickens
08-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I think you can get 100 on the turn. It's still just 1/3 of the pot. If he's got anything to call or raise, he'll do it just as often to 100 as to 50. If he folds to 100, he probably would have folded to 50. A ten will call anything here, but might back down some if the flush hits on the river. Better build a pot now.

On the river, I bet 200 into a 500 pot (with 100 bet on the turn). It'll get called by a lot of odd stuff and a ten will still probably push.

I always played the HP2 Tour, until they stopped making them or something.

AliasMrJones
08-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Don't like the min-raise. 3xBB raise it. It's going to be hard to win much money with this hand. You have to hope one of the others has the case T or maaaybe a K, which isn't likely. I don't think there's really a wong way to play this. If they caught a piece of the flop there's a chance to get some change and if they didn't I don't think you're getting paid off much no matter when/how you bet/coax.

playtitleist
08-25-2005, 05:09 PM
How's this line for next time?

[ QUOTE ]

Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: RNCMul (945)
Seat 2: UNCLEPAPPY (510)
Seat 3: daanth930 (915)
Seat 4: fbomsabound (815)
Seat 7: nastymast (1485)
Seat 10: titleistbali (3330)
nastymast posts small blind (25)
titleistbali posts big blind (50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to fbomsabound [ Kd, Ks ]
RNCMul folds.
UNCLEPAPPY calls (50)
daanth930 folds.
fbomsabound raises (150) to 150
nastymast calls (125)
titleistbali folds.
UNCLEPAPPY calls (100)

Pot t500

** Dealing Flop ** : [ Tc, Kc, Td ]
nastymast checks.
UNCLEPAPPY checks.
fbomsabound bets (200)

[/ QUOTE ]
Hoping now one of these guys has me on a weak CB and pushes.

bluefeet
08-25-2005, 05:11 PM
i like this better FWIW, but i think mr. jones said it best:

"I don't think there's really a wrong way to play this. If they caught a piece of the flop there's a chance to get some change and if they didn't I don't think you're getting paid off much no matter when/how you bet/coax."

Slim Pickens
08-25-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's really a wrong way to play this. If they caught a piece of the flop there's a chance to get some change and if they didn't I don't think you're getting paid off much no matter when/how you bet/coax.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be wrong to not get paid enough when you have the best hand and your opponent makes a hand off on which he's willing to pay you. (Sweet, got that one...)

The new line is much better.

AliasMrJones
08-25-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think there's really a wrong way to play this. If they caught a piece of the flop there's a chance to get some change and if they didn't I don't think you're getting paid off much no matter when/how you bet/coax.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be wrong to not get paid enough when you have the best hand and your opponent makes a hand off on which he's willing to pay you. (Sweet, got that one...)

[/ QUOTE ]

The new line amounts to raising more preflop and then making an appropriate flop bet. My point was that once that flop comes down, whether you get paid off has more to do with whether someone caught a piece than how you play the hand from that point on.

ChuckyB
08-25-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't mind the flop check. As long as you don't do it all the time.

I like betting 1/3-1/2 pot on the turn...make it look like a probe. Pretend you're an aggressive player with a king-questionable kicker.

lorinda
08-25-2005, 11:07 PM
You simply have to make the JQ or the clubs pay to chase their draws.

A ten will pay you anyway, and crappy hands usually won't pay you enough to matter.

Bet enough to keep the draws in , but make them pay and pray they hit.

Lori