PDA

View Full Version : Slow down?

WildDan
08-25-2005, 02:43 PM
First hand at the table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

gharp
08-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Kind of a tough one, especially for a first hand at the table.

You're behind AA, QQ, 77 and A6. All of those hands were at least monsters on the flop (some preflop). It's possible that the button slow-played them this far, but it seems unlikely.

Then again, what could he have? Q7 fits the pattern if he's loose preflop and aggressive postflop. Another Q6 is possible too. Other than that, you're counting on him being a bit of a maniac.

Honestly, I'm not sure what's best. I'd probably play it like you did, lose some money to a slow-played QQ (preflop), kick the cat and move on to the next hand.

Redd
08-25-2005, 04:41 PM
I'd be planning on c/cing the river if I don't improve, but after boating up I'd play it the same. If you lost, then this guy got a really lucky set of circumstances on a really bad slowplay.

WildDan
08-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Alright. The guy showed AA and I was floored by the piss poor slowplay. Either way, just wanted to make sure the play was fundamentally alright. I thought I was way ahead.

CourtJester
08-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Good play, bad beat, stupid opponent, add to buddy list and move on

aces_dad
08-25-2005, 06:40 PM
While I do think villian should have bet the flop, he was ahead the whole time, so this is not a bad beat.