PDA

View Full Version : Stupid newby question

08-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Yes I have searched.

How do I add a graph or a poker tracker page etc to my posts?

Link774
08-25-2005, 02:07 PM
This type of post should probably go in the 'Beginners' forum. To post pictures, you need to have the image on a webserver somewhere, then you click the 'Image' link in the Instant UBB Code section you see when you're posting. They do it this way so that the message board servers don't need to store all our huge screenshots of our 150bb downswing.

Link

MrWookie47
08-25-2005, 02:08 PM
Take a screen shot w/ Print Screen key. Host the image at something like www.imageshack.us. (http://www.imageshack.us.) Use the Image link under the Instant UBB Code, and supply the address of where the image is hosted.

Lastly, if you just want to post a graph of a recent downswing or upswing, just stick it in the Designated No Content Post. If you want to make a stats post, make sure any questions can't be answered in the FAQ. Most posters here can't generally answer any questions any more specifically than how they are answered in the FAQ. If you just want people to compare your stats to a range of generally accepted norms, you can probably do the bulk of the comparison yourself based on what's in the FAQ, and then post something if you're concerned. If you have a question about a stat that isn't covered in the FAQ, it is probably not a good independent measure of your play, most people here won't have any good input into its meaning, and/or your sample size will need to be a lot larger than 10k hands to make them meaningful.

P.S. Welcome to the boards. And keep in mind that looking at stats doesn't make you a better player. Analyzing the hand posts that get put up here does. It's always good to have a new, thoughtful contributor. /images/graemlins/smile.gif