PDA

View Full Version : New Topic - Small Rolled-up Trips

08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Any comments on playing this?

I thought that reraising third was good, because nobody was likely to fold here. Waiting until we got to the big bets to raise again seemed best.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (7.10 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

5th Street - (4.55 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___raises

6th Street - (8.55 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River - (10.55 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___calls
Hero: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

Total pot: 12.55 BB

PoorLawyer
08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
looks good to me

jon_1van
08-25-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks good to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Bartholow
08-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Looks perfect... Nice that he bet into you again on 4th.

08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Very nicely played. Betting initially, slowing up and then speeding up again.

BTirish
08-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Looks good. You did just what you want to do with a rolled up hand--you got the extra bet and got paid off to the end. Except for the bringin, you didn't scare anyone away, and you got more money in the pot. Nice work.

I was having an awful run of it yesterday... cold deck for a few hours. Then I got rolled up 3 times in an hour, and won two decent pots and a monster pot. Rolled hands are fun.

kyleb
08-25-2005, 09:11 PM
Looks like you had a good read on the table with the raise on third, and played it well the whole way. Good job.

Andy B
08-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah, you play good. What was question?