PDA

View Full Version : Best Anti-Virus Program

imported_CaseClosed326
08-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I am in the market to buy an anti-virus program and I was wondering what you guys thought was the best program, for a reasonable price. Something lower than 75$ would be best. Thanks.

MyMindIsGoing
08-25-2005, 12:55 PM
What is the best is very personal. You want a fast scanner, a low memory usage resident scanner, a deep scanner? Avast is free and works just fine. I don't like the interface very much (like with most new user friedly programs) but I almost never use the main program itself. I used to run etrust antivirus before that, but that also turned into one of those "firendly" programs. I used AntiViral Toolkit pro before that, haven't used it for long but it was good back then. Avast is free for home use, both others are under $75. Most programs are very very close these days when it comes to finding the virus so that should no longer be the main consern when choosing.

imported_CaseClosed326
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I thought my question would be pretty general, but I did not know how to make it more exact. That really helps though, thanks a lot for the fast response.