PDA

View Full Version : Party 22'sng--level 1 all in

stillbr
08-25-2005, 12:20 PM
3rd hand of the sng. I have AQo in dealer position.

folded to late middle position who limps--- in the second hand of the sng he doubles up with AT when re-raises an EP player all in. EP had KK. An ace flopped. EP is left with 90 chips.

I raise in dealer position with my AQo to 55. Shortstacked EP is now in the BB and raises all in. LAG MP now re-raises all in.

I call.

Raiser
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
PUKE.

LAG has big stack. He'll probably be around for a while. You can get him later. AQ all in early on is not good.

stillbr
08-25-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PUKE.

LAG has big stack. He'll probably be around for a while. You can get him later. AQ all in early on is not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

even after what i saw from him on the 2nd hand?

Raiser
08-25-2005, 12:38 PM
Yes. He made a bad play, but I'd like to see him make a bad play a couple of times before I'm willing to push my stack in with AQ this early on. You stand a good chance to face him later in a better situation, IMO.

Hornacek
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
It could go either way, based on LAG player's love of ace high. I think its pretty safe to put LAG on Ax or mid PP. Personally, I'd fold as well, and let LAG keep on doing these moves.

How did it turn out for you?

luckycharms
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
CO-PUKE

you're a coinflip to 22-JJ and screwed against QQ-AA and AK... and those are the hands that people push with... your best line of action against an idiot is wait til you have a hand that can hold up unimproved.

I'd take to a flop as cheap as possible, get top pair, and work from there. Aside from that, the blinds are low enough for you to be able to wait around 10 or 20 hands to get AK/AA/KK/QQ and take him then.

My point: If he's worse than you, why take a coinflip against him? Beat him the old fashioned way, MAKE HIM MAKE A BIG MISTAKE.... when he calls a reraise with even AJ or AT, since there's a lotta money in the pot, he's not really making THAT bad of a call, especially with a big stack.

GL

aaronk56
08-25-2005, 12:45 PM
I definitely fold. You have plenty of time to get LAG's chips. You also probably will see his hand this time because it will go to a showdown against the shortstack.

I might have folded the AQo here because of the likelihood of the BB going all-in and the fact the LAG would at least call him but I'm probably way too tight early.

FakeKramer
08-25-2005, 12:53 PM
I like your play. I see him having a smaller ace than you here. Or, worst case scenario, a medium pocket pair. I don't think he will have you dominated, and think this call is +EV for you. (But only because of what you saw him do with AT - this guy is clearly a donk).

CatfishKing
08-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I think you're racing, which is not something you want to do in level 1

stillbr
08-25-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It could go either way, based on LAG player's love of ace high. I think its pretty safe to put LAG on Ax or mid PP. Personally, I'd fold as well, and let LAG keep on doing these moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured there was a very good chance of being up against Ax where x was smaller than a Q. I thought it was an easy call given how often I have him completely dominated.

Turns out he had JJ and I didnt pair up

Raiser
08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured there was a very good chance of being up against Ax where x was smaller than a Q. I thought it was an easy call given how often I have him completely dominated.

Turns out he had JJ and I didnt pair up

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a guy like this, there is no reason to take a gamble like this early on. Now if the situation was slightly different...

Say you are in the BB and LAG raises to 150 from the button, SB calls all in. Now this is a spot that I will often push all in with AK from the BB. This is because you can win by making him fold as well. I might even do it with AQ in this spot if I knew for a fact that he was a donk. But I would almost never call an all in like that with AQ or AK in level 1 because the only way you can win is by showing down the best hand. Fold equity is a great thing /images/graemlins/smile.gif