PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 Live, did I mess this one up too?

lemonPeel
08-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I'm button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, utg limps and Co limps,

I raise, both blinds and both limpers call.

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

It's checked to me and I bet, SB check raises, BB folds, UTG calls and CO folds and I 3 bet, SB and UTG both call.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, is checked to me and I bet, SB and UTG calls.

River is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif is checked to me again and I should ?

flawless_victory
08-25-2005, 12:22 PM
check and lose.
BTW/ you played all the streets 100% correct.

DrSavage
08-25-2005, 12:27 PM
bet one more time.

onegymrat
08-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Hi LP,

I like a check here also. You have two with whom to contend and one of them is going to call you down with a small pair. You most likely lost this hand. I like all the plays up to the river a lot.

Lestat
08-27-2005, 12:01 AM
The only way this works is if he gets a worse hand to call and now a better one folds to the overcall. Otherwise, two pair is just not folding here. I'm not saying a bet will never be worth it though.

TStoneMBD
08-27-2005, 12:03 AM
check. a pair is not going to call the turn and fold the river.

elindauer
08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
The river is an easy check. The real question in this hand occurs on the turn. I would have giggled and taken the free card in a heartbeat. Why did you bet? After all that flop action, ace high does not look very good.

Good luck.
Eric

elindauer
08-27-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
check. a pair is not going to call the turn and fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. How do we know this, by the way? Because any pair has only TWO outs against the hand you are representing. Therefore, we know that this guy is not drawing. If he's calling the turn, he thinks he has the best hand and will call the river too.

Good luck.
Eric

JaysonWeberFCP
08-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Nicely Played. Check River You lose /images/graemlins/frown.gif

imashyboi
08-27-2005, 09:21 AM
I think this is one of those situations that comes up often. You have outs since you already know that you are behind. UTG might have a flush draw here after calling 2cold. I think betting on the turn is still a +EV cause I think you're going to make money from the UTG if he calls. This is a 50/50 play, mix it up. I'm betting cause your holding AKs which is sweet!

flawless_victory
08-27-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The real question in this hand occurs on the turn. I would have giggled and taken the free card in a heartbeat. Why did you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]if sb is gonna fold 44 or 56, its gonna be on the turn, i think. also checking through kills your river action when you get there.

psyduck
08-28-2005, 06:51 PM
flawless play (including turn). check the river though.