PDA

View Full Version : review: hand 63

Rev. Good Will
08-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
2 folds, Button raises, 1 fold, MICROPOSTER 3-bets, Button calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, Button calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, Button calls.

River: (6.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
MICROPOSTER checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB

at the turn, hero has 2 choices right now:

1 - slow down considerably

2 - continue firing

since hero chose #2, methinks hero should bet the river as well, since the J only reduces the amount of cards that could sink hero right now.

I sorta have beef with the turn bet, but I guess its kosher since villian has a wide range of hands here... would the hero fold to a raise?

cold_cash
08-25-2005, 12:11 PM
This seems fine to me.

I think you're more likely to get a bet out of a hand like AT or 55 than you are to get a call out of one, especially in a (presumably) agressive short-handed game.

08-25-2005, 12:17 PM
My thoughts here: I want to show down against all kinds of A-high hands and other crap, and I don't want to have to sweat calling a potential bluff raise on the river (however unlikely).

Hence, check/call. I think more crappy hands will bluff when I check than will call when I bet.

benkath1
08-25-2005, 12:18 PM
A wide range of hands indeed. I like the turn bet and I assume the river would be check call. Similar to the other 88 hand where the river brought an A, this time the J is a little less scary and bluff inducement may be successful. I think this is another hand where reads might sway actions.

There sure are a lot of checked showdowns in this session. Is that normal in higher limits?

PS Happy Birthday!

08-25-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There sure are a lot of checked showdowns in this session. Is that normal in higher limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, actually! This was somewhat of an unusual session.

I was consciously trying to mix up my play. Also, one thing I've really been working on is getting to showdown more often.... probably in the wrong spots a lot of the time. All the comments and questions of my play so far have been very valuable. Keep 'em up!