PDA

View Full Version : Wait for turn to protect this hand?

IGMorton
08-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Was it correct to wait till the turn for a chance to raise and protect this hand? All the other players were goofballs. I had to see showdown despite the scary turn card.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

jba
08-25-2005, 12:11 PM
perfect.

helpmeout
08-25-2005, 12:11 PM
No

But feel free to give players behind you with a gutshot the chance to see the turn for 1 bet.

SB if he has some idea probably wont bet AK AQ on the turn unimproved and if he has you beat he will 3bet your raise.

Just raise the flop who knows the 2 behind you might fold their gutshot draws or their one overcard. You also wanna see how serious SB is about his hand not wait for the turn to findout he has a set or a higher PP. Who knows one of the chimps might have you beat and again paying 3bets on the turn with a low overpair on a pretty scary board isnt too fun.

Entity
08-25-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No

But feel free to give players behind you with a gutshot the chance to see the turn for 1 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly are we folding a gutshot? The pot is 22SB when it gets to us.

Rob

IGMorton
08-25-2005, 12:39 PM
If i raised the flop, the CO and button are getting 22:2 to call. I couldn't protect my hand vs a 10.5:1 gutshot it seemed, especially considering the calling stations at 3/6.

Do i still bet the turn? anyone with any sort of draw (even just 2 overcards has big implied odds here).

helpmeout
08-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Charging them 2 bets is better than charging them 1. 3 is even better if SB 3bets. Never said they will fold.

Too many scare cards on the turn as well get your money in now.

jba
08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Do i still bet the turn? anyone with any sort of draw (even just 2 overcards has big implied odds here).

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you have to bet the turn.

I think the overcards have reverse implied odds here, they very well could be beat when they catch either through the draws or reverse domination.

cmwck
08-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Looks good, and this hand is fairly easy to play once a blank comes on the turn, but how do you play it if the turn is an A or K? Say and ace falls and SB bets. I would be inclined to call down probably, but what's the play if the A falls and its checked to you?

goofball
08-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Pot is huge, protect it now.

dhaimon
08-25-2005, 08:52 PM
no. there are so many overcards that beat you that you probably want to protect the hand right away. also it's a huge pot and you want the money to go in when you are ahead.