PDA

View Full Version : Better way to clear the Full Tilt bonuses?

Predator314
08-25-2005, 10:48 AM
I was just reading on Full Tilt's site that they pay .06 for every dollar raked from the pot. But, you get 7 points for each tournament dollar you spend. Would it be better to clear the Full Tilt bonus playing sit n goes and tournaments?

I figure If I 4 table $33 sit n goes, I can 21 points for each table for a total of 84 points. This would $5.04 cleared for each 4 tables.

I'd have to play 239 sit n goes to clear that bonus. That's a bunch for me. I'm more of a cash game guy.

I can't decide if this would be faster or slower than just playing $2/4 or $3/6.

theben
08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
i think you should play what you enjoy and play to your game strengths. sure, you might make less from bonuses but you'll more than make up for it with higher gameplay earnings.

webmonarch
08-25-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you should play what you enjoy and play to your game strengths. sure, you might make less from bonuses but you'll more than make up for it with higher gameplay earnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I understand that doing the most mathematically correct thing is good, but as long as you know that you will be able to clear the bonus before it expires you're much better off playing the game you enjoy and in which you have the highest EV.

If it takes a few additional hands, who cares? You'll still get all you were entitled to and should have the additional winnings that you wouldn't have had in another game in your pocket.

playersare
08-25-2005, 01:21 PM
doesn't matter how you decide to clear the Full Tilt "bonus" because they are guaranteed to make money off you on either the rake or the tourney fees, since their rebate rates are one of the lowest in the industry.

if you grind $2/4 and $3/6 and it should be mildly tolerable, earning between 6 and 12 cents per raked hand (closer to 6). works out to a maximum 54% rakeback (compared to 100% up to 400% at most of the other sites). for tourney play, the fee rebate is 42% on Full Tilt compared to 100% on Poker Stars and Bodog, and 71% on Pokerroom.

if you not making enough profit at FTP to offset the lower bonuses earnings compared to other sites, then you're wasting your time trying to clear it. you may decide to do what I and many others did, and just leave.