PDA

View Full Version : Pushing with any two

08-25-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty new to MTT play

My stack was a measly 360 after I took a bad beat on a flopped set. The table is pretty Tight/passive. Blinds are 50/100.

I get 4c6c in late position. 2 limpers to me...

I push thinking I can pick up the 350 pot.

Was this a horribly bad move?
Do I having any FE at all?

betgo
08-25-2005, 10:34 AM
64s is not any two. It is a suited gapper which plays fairly well heads up. You really don't have enough chips to make people fold. Online, the limpers would probably both call. The 2nd limper will get great pot odds to call if no one else does. Getting heads up is not a bad result with a decent hand and dead money from blinds and one limper.

Unless the table is really weak/tight, you don't have enough chips to make this work.

I would wait for a chance to open push with anything or maybe you will get a real hand.

schwza
08-25-2005, 11:10 AM
the odds of you picking up this pot are close to 0. i'd like the push if you have A7, KT, or some other marginal high card hand.

Murdz
08-25-2005, 11:17 AM
No one is going to fold to a $350 bet when they have $100 in the pot. You will get called by both limpers 100% of the time and even worse possibly have them check the hand down.

When you are this short stacked, you want to be all in when you are the first to enter the pot, regardless of your cards. In your situation, you probably don't even have enough chips to make the BB fold so I might pick a spot where I have an Ace or a King or any kind of pp, so I had a shot at winning the pot even if I missed the flop.

But you should not have pushed w/ 4-6 in this situaton.