PDA

View Full Version : Review hand 20...flopped set HU

benkath1
08-25-2005, 09:29 AM
- - - HAND 20 - - -

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4.
2 folds, Button raises, 1 fold, MICROPOSTER calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5, A, 4 (2 players)
MICROPOSTER checks, Button bets, MICROPOSTER calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6 (2 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, Button calls.

River: (5.16 BB) 6 (2 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, Button raises, MICROPOSTER 3-bets, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB

Were you worried he wouldn't bet the turn or is this donk bet standard for 6 max? Without a read, it seems a check raise somewhere might work.

jrz1972
08-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I usually go for a check-raise on the turn on these sorts of hands. I don't know that microposter's line is necessarily a leak, though. In 6-max you find yourself HU a lot and its okay to mix things up more than you would in multiway pots.

RatFink
08-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I think the donk-bet makes sense if you feel the 6 putting 3 to a straight on board might cause the agressor to not bet this turn.

deception5
08-25-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually go for a check-raise on the turn on these sorts of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been finding a lot of opponents fold to the turn c/r at 3/6, so I don't mind the donk bet.

GrunchCan
08-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Then wait for the river to CR. Depending on the board, I might wat to the river.

benkath1
08-25-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then wait for the river to CR. Depending on the board, I might wat to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This always scares me. Wouldn't a river check through be terrible? I've had this situation come up recently a few times and not sure what my best move is. I usually just c/r the turn so I don't miss anything.

PS. HU challenge was fun. I think that's where I saw this in the last few days.

08-25-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm not going to c/r the flop because that'll freeze him up if he doesn't have the A.

My thinking was sort of the same on the turn... I could go for the c/r, but he also might check behind without the A. I bet and hope to 3-bet the turn.

River: Ok, my turn plan didn't exactly work. Better just bet out and hope to get raised. Joy!