PDA

View Full Version : A4 on K98 flop 3-way, really stupid autobet?

marand
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font> ... and thinks "Why the hell did I bet?"

The pot is giving me 6-1 odds to steal it on the flop. But the chance that this flop missed both opponents is slim to none.

Against 2 random hands I have 22% equity and if they would have folded preflop with cards below 7 it's much worse.

This is really a simple check against two opponents right?
(Against only one opponent I guess I need to bet this.)

08-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I would say it depends on your table image... Are u concidered tight... U might get away with it. Otherwise, I belive a check here is ok, if u dont wanna go for the freecard.

marand
08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say it depends on your table image... Are u concidered tight... U might get away with it. Otherwise, I belive a check here is ok, if u dont wanna go for the freecard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am tight, but these players are hardly going to fold a pair. They might not even notice that I am tight either. (Well at least BB which was the reason I played on the table.)

08-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Then a check would be better..

dave44
08-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Yea I wouldn't bet this. Against one opponent fine.

einbert
08-25-2005, 11:20 AM
I would check this as a rule, but with very specific reads (very loose preflop from the blinds but fold the flop too much or something?) a bet here could be okay.

Given the read you gave (unknown 10/20 players), I have to agree with you that checking here is correct.