3 folds, MICROPOSTER raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T, 3, 8 (2 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T (2 players)
MICROPOSTER checks, BB checks.

River: (3 BB) J (2 players)
MICROPOSTER checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 3 BB

When I'm on a steal and the top card pairs, I'm very strongly inclined to bet. Obviously this is pretty villain-dependent, but I find I pick up the large majority of these kinds of pots on the turn since it's very hard for villain to continue on a drawless board after I've represented trips.

Then again, maybe the opponents in 3/6 6-max are much better than the scrubs I play against in the micros. Which I guess raises the question of what this session is doing in this forum in the first place, but that's another topic.

thesharpie
08-25-2005, 09:09 AM
I agree with betting, although I don't think you're really representing trips, if you are he's not gonna believe you. We're getting 3-1 on our bet and we could have the best hand.

WildDan
08-25-2005, 09:10 AM
I agree. I feel that betting out once more on the turn will usually get the pot. Checking headsup to someone in position after a preflop raise and betting out on the flop is usually begging for the pot to be stolen and I'm surprised the hand saw showdown. Again, however, maybe the 3/6 players are better than the .50/1 and 1/2 fish I'm used to.

benkath1
08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
I agree. I just don't see too many hands we are behind. If he calls or raises the turn then I'm done.

These are tough without reads.

08-25-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then again, maybe the opponents in 3/6 6-max are much better than the scrubs I play against in the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are a bit more aggressive, but still terrible. The play isn't really that different.

I've got no excuse for not betting the turn, other than that I am trying to mix up my turn auto-bets.

I think I have been doing it too often and been getting bluffed out of pots (both with turn raises and river bets after I check).