PDA

View Full Version : Pokerroom higher buy in SnGs

Phill S
08-25-2005, 08:21 AM
I havent been on the site yet, only got it in an email from betonbet, PR's skin, however they are now/soon offering SnGs at the 200+15, 300+20 and 500+X buy ins.

And further more these higher buy in games start with 2500 instead of the usual 1500 chips.

Expect high ROI, low T/hr rates.

Phill
ps, yes, i know everyone on here plays exclusively at party, yada yada.

Jman28
08-25-2005, 08:27 AM
I'd be willing to check them out.

If high buyin players start leaving party, it might be a good incentive for them to up their buyin offerings.

Phill S
08-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Ive played just one of the old $100 games however i navigated to the bubble without problem and then simply got unlucky. That game was no different to the 30s, beyond a little extra pushing when shorthanded.

If the higher games are the same, then its got to be very +EV to be playing them now whilst they are young.

Phill

Jman28
08-25-2005, 08:54 AM
I just downloaded the software. I'm watching a 100+8 right now.

Play seems okay not at the bubble yet so we'll see. Graphics are nice.

One feature that is cool/-EV is that it shows all-in %'s like on TV.

Phill S
08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
I thought it would be -EV to show %s like that when it first came out.

All i know now is it made no difference to the play before the cards were flipped, the only change is the way in which bad beats were dealt with in chat afterwards (if ever).

One of the great things about pokerroom is that observers cant chat, and that you get booted from a table a few seconds after you bust - you never hear some guy pissing and moaning after a bad beat unless he is really quick to get it in before he is removed.

Btw, im assuming you signed up for rakeback? Its available for both PR and betonbet if you didnt.

Phill

Jman28
08-25-2005, 09:45 AM
I watched a whole $108 tourney. Play looked pretty bad. Slightly worse than a Party 109, although that's after a sample size of 1. (watched some of a $200.. just as bad)

Stacks are big, and the tourney takes forever. Only one or two big buyin tourneys (over 50) are going on right now. Seems not super profitable if you want to multitable.

[ QUOTE ]

Btw, im assuming you signed up for rakeback? Its available for both PR and betonbet if you didnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't because I just wanted to check it out, and I knew there were skins just in case if I ever wanted to actually play there. Thanks.

I just really hope this pushes party to offer higher buyin regular SnGs.