PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Jr = Jose Canseco?

Clarkmeister
04-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Not quite, since he was better for longer, but its getting close. Griffey was a top 3 non-pitcher for longer than Jose, but both had their careers go from potential "all-time great" to "what might've been".

B-Man
04-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Similar, but the key difference is that Jr. will make the Hall of Fame, Jose will not.

IrishHand
04-08-2003, 12:52 PM
Much of Canseco's problems were self-inflicted. Griffey's just had awful luck for the past 3 years.

Rube
04-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Brutal comparison for Griffey, especially since he's an incredible defensive talent and hit for average unlike Canseco. Griffey would've made the hall of fame even if he chose to end his career after his last year in Seattle.

And griffey didn't exile himself from the leauge like Canseco, he's just hit the wall with injuries that have a lot to do wiht how hard he plays the game.

If A-Rod got hurt and sat out big parts of the next three seasons would you compare his career to Canseco (what might've been?)

andyfox
04-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Not only did he have a longer run at the top then Canseco, but he was a better player at his best than Canseco. I agree with B-Man, Jr. will make the HOF. It would be nice to see him healthy for one last big year. I think he's declined a lot, but I hope to be proven wrong.