PDA

View Full Version : How the F* do you beat crypto $1/$2

deepsquat
08-25-2005, 05:55 AM
Need help bro's

I clear the odd bonus there and it is a disgrace, obviously full of Bwhores like me.

So i start open-raising more marginal hands vs these nits, you win the odd set of blinds or you get some prick who calls from the BB and then C/R any turn.

I never seem to get action with my good hands, youd think i would with a decent pfr % from stealing.

Can anyone give me an insight on how to beat this sh*thole? Ive tried "stealing more blinds" or being more aggro. Half the time people are openliming AA in the CO so you raise a10s from the SB and u are screwed.

Any help or links on how to beat tight @ss nits would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

toss
08-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Your post sounds angry. I bonus cleared Pokerplex earlier this month. I found that:

They're semi-loose and ridiculously passive. Play accordingly.

deepsquat
08-25-2005, 06:00 AM
yeah it is bro, sorry if it came across that way- just a bit desperate

aK13
08-25-2005, 06:01 AM
I also cleared the bonus at pokerplex in one sitting. I found the tables to be quite straightforward, semi-loose fairly passive. I didn't spot too many check/raises with monsters -- it was mostly I hit it so I bet it.

shant
08-25-2005, 06:07 AM
If I'm understanding your post, the tables are full of tight nits? Why would you play at these tables? It better be a worthy bonus.

deepsquat
08-25-2005, 06:11 AM
dont worry, im having a long hard think about passing on the crypto bonuses

aK13
08-25-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm understanding your post, the tables are full of tight nits? Why would you play at these tables? It better be a worthy bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's $50 for 300 hands (raked or unraked) at pokerplex. For only 2 hours, its a pretty decent overlay for most micro players.

shant
08-25-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's $50 for 300 hands (raked or unraked) at pokerplex. For only 2 hours, its a pretty decent overlay for most micro players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that sounds like a good overlay.

deepsquat
08-25-2005, 06:28 AM
yeah thats a good one. The 5 hours will hill etc are a bit harder. I just need a better strategy or maybe im just having a really bad run. Is there any literature on beating TAG and also weak/tighties?

thesharpie
08-25-2005, 07:02 AM
If you don't like playing with the tighties, try their shorthanded games. Most are loose passive, and the odd tight one you get have TAGgish ring game stats which are easily exploitable shorthanded. The pound games seem juicier.

As far as beating $1 full, open raise alot (don't take this too far though) and follow up with flop bets. If they call the flop they usually have something unless it's a LPP. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dave G.
08-25-2005, 07:04 AM
The 5 hour bonuses are by far the best to clear. You play 5 tables at a time and they all contribute to the time played. 5 tables for 1 hour = 5 hours. So you basically 5 table for an hour on a bunch of rock garden tables and you get $45.51 or something. Not many decisions to make, these timed bonuses are by far the best value.

As for beating the tables:

* I steal blinds. A lot.
* I give no respect to their flop bets, because a lot of them are just bluffing so I've found. Many times they will often fold on the flop to your raise.
* This changes on the turn. I respect the hell out of their turn raises, and am more willing to semi-bluff bet/raise them on the turn. Some will still call you down so don't turn into some huge bluffster or anything, but take the occasional shot at players you've seen lay down before. They're probably ready to make another big laydown.
* I'm also willing to slowplay a lot more. Not vulnerable hands like top pair, but if I get a set, I don't want the dude folding on the flop. I feel the risk with a hand as strong as a set vs the immediate reduced reward of having them fold justifies a slowplay more often than not, barring a particularly scary board.

These people are looking for any excuse to fold. Every opportunity you give them to fold increases your expectation nicely.

And yeah, I've never seen so many players just call all the way with AA, never once raising. It's frustrating as hell, but then I figure I might have lost a lot more on the hand if I had a stronger but still beaten holding.

08-25-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The 5 hour bonuses are by far the best to clear. You play 5 tables at a time and they all contribute to the time played. 5 tables for 1 hour = 5 hours. So you basically 5 table for an hour on a bunch of rock garden tables and you get $45.51 or something. Not many decisions to make, these timed bonuses are by far the best value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just had a look on the pokerplex site and their bonus rules say there is 1 bonus per month after playing 300 hands. Is the timed bonus also on this site, and is it also limited to 1 per month?

Webster
08-25-2005, 07:18 AM
I stopped playing a lot of the cryptos because of poor tables. However - try playing a 1/2 and a few of the lower limit fishy games. £1 is 1.80 now and 50% flops all the time.

Just fill in with the micro tables.

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

A Poker Wiki site with a ton of good info (http://www.overcards.com)

Dave G.
08-25-2005, 07:19 AM
The timed bonuses are on William Hill, Totalbet Poker and UK Betting Poker (the last 2 seem to be exactly the same business with different names, but regardless, you can collect the bonuses at both sites). 25 pounds for 5 hours on each site, which usually converts to $45.51 US.

Pokerplex has the 300 raked hands one, no timed bonuses.