PDA

View Full Version : Is this an auto value bet?

08-25-2005, 05:32 AM
reads:
SB likes to 3bet all of my raises preflop, I guess he thinks he can out play me, lag

Absolute .5/1 6max
Hero is CO with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop:
folds, MP calls, Hero raises, folds, SB raises, 1 fold, MP calls, Hero calls

flop: 10SB
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, MP folds, Hero calls

Turn: 6BB
9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, hero raises, SB raises, hero calls

River : 12BB
8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets, Hero calls

Should I be raising for value here?

I have played about 10 times HU, very aggressive against me. I was slowplaying the flop, bad decsion?

MATT111
08-25-2005, 05:40 AM
Check your deck (k /images/graemlins/heart.gif).
Slowplay on the flop is fine HU against an aggressive opponent as you are not very vulnerable. I`d rather cap the turn than raise the river. If he bets the river again I just call.

08-25-2005, 05:44 AM
sorry about that

08-25-2005, 02:45 PM
I see your reasoning for capping the turn, but tell me if my logic is way of, I have a lot of outs to improve on the river if I am behind, I didn't think I was behind. But would I not be killing the action on the river by capping instead calling the turn and having him lead into me? The more I look at this hand, the more I think I should have been raising the river.

comments?

aces_dad
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
The more I look at this hand, the more I think I should have been raising the river.

or raising the flop or capping the turn or raising the river ...

if villian is really playing back at you this much then we're ahead way more than we're behind and you can play this more agressively.

stretch22
08-25-2005, 03:19 PM
I would have capped preflop, expecially given your read and position.

I would have raised the flop. What are you putting him at that's better than what you've got? AA? A pair of kings with a good kicker and a flush opportunity deserves a raise. I don't think your hand is strong enough to slowplay and not make him pay more to see the turn card.

08-25-2005, 03:28 PM
are you still capping the preflop if MP isn't there?

stretch22
08-25-2005, 03:44 PM
"SB likes to 3bet all of my raises preflop"

By "all" do you really mean "ALL"? If MP is not there and it is you and SB who 3bets "all" of our raises, this puts his hand at basically anything, right? In which case you can't recognize his 3bet at a sign of his good hand. Given your reads, would you say there's a good chance you have him totally dominated? Then cap. Then on the flop you'd have a chance to see what he does first. I think post-flop slowplaying is a bad choice. Yes, your hand is strong, but he's shown strength (or insanity based on your reads) and like I said earlier, I don't think this is a hand you'd want to slowplay. There's no need.

08-25-2005, 03:54 PM
I am capping PF, flop, and turn, and just calling the river with my top pair, obvoiusly raising two pair or better.

shermn27
08-25-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would have raised the flop. What are you putting him at that's better than what you've got? AA? A pair of kings with a good kicker and a flush opportunity deserves a raise. I don't think your hand is strong enough to slowplay and not make him pay more to see the turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, try to take control of this hand right here by raising the flop, if he comes over the top, then consider calling it down, but given your read, you might even consider capping it.

Even in 6max slowplaying top pair makes me ill.

Fryguy
08-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Not sure why, but I got a sneaking suspicion that SB has QT, flopped an OESD and made his draw on the turn. Probably not right to bet the flop if he did, but eh.

You almost certainly have the best hand on the flop here, you need to raise this, and probably cap if it comes back to you.

I think 1 raise is acceptable on the turn, I can't 4-bet this with only top-pair. SB is saying "I made a hand."

I call the river, just because SB says he made a hand doesn't necessarily mean you should believe him, especially for only 1 bet.

Paxosmotic
08-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Go to war on this flop, get as many bets as you can in the pot before any cards can come to ruin your hand.

crovax4444
08-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Grunching

preflop: good

flop: reraise - don't slowplay this. The pot is big, which is the opposite requirement for a slowplay

turn: good

river: good

Edit: rereading other people's posts, it looks like my idea of the turn and river are too passive. I like the raising the turn/calling river idea

irishpint
08-25-2005, 09:46 PM
joe:
you ought to cap pf, since you have large suited cards, and the button. For the record, the hand plays much different if you do.

Since you didn't, I'd still opt to raise this flop. It's heads up and his 3bet pf indicates he has a 'good' hand so he most likely isn't going to fold to your bet (but note that if he did, it would be OK since the pot is a nice size already). Assuming he just calls your flop raise lead the turn and go from there.

PokerBob
08-29-2005, 12:45 AM
you MUST raise this flop here. you have TP AND a HUGE draw. the hand plays differently from there

PokerBob
08-29-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have capped preflop, expecially given your read and position.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like this, but if it's wrong it ain't by all that much.

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

PokerBob
08-29-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, try to take control of this hand right here by raising the flop, if he comes over the top, then consider calling it down but then you realize he is a LAG and you have TPGK and the 2nd nut flush draw and you stand on the table and continue to firechips in on that flop

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp