PDA

View Full Version : TV Show recommendations

08-25-2005, 03:49 AM
I don't watch alot of TV because 90% of it is mindless garbage. It's amazing how much crap is out there. But there's a few shows that I'll set time out to watch. The Daily Show, Battlestar Galactica, Real Time, and with my Netflix subcribtion I've been watching The Shield and ST: DS9. I'm also looking forward to HBO's new show Rome. Any suggestions for a new tv show?

Jaskohouston
08-25-2005, 03:53 AM
There's only a few shows left this season, but Rescue Me is the best show on TV right now. Get Season 1 on Netflix in a hurry, you will really like it.

I'm also a big fan of Arrested Development and Lost. And no shame in this, I can't wait for the OC to start back up. Just damn solid TV.

YourFoxyGrandma
08-25-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Arrested Development and Lost

[/ QUOTE ]

08-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Tommy Lee Goes to College should be at the top of your list.

Jaskohouston
08-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Also, don't forget the informercial that just came on here.

The legendary title...

"Making Money Quick and Easy At Your Kitchen Table In Your Underwear"

I swear I'm not kidding. The first thing the chick said was "Are you tired of working hard?"

chuddo
08-25-2005, 04:08 AM
i watched part of this infomercial last night.

it cracked me up that its major selling point was "do it in your underwear!"

Malcom Reynolds
08-25-2005, 04:16 AM
Firefly.

When you're done with that watch Lost.

Finally, The Sopranos, Alias and 24 should meet general approval with the people here and they are great shows (though Alias has been going down the drain, but the first two seasons are awesome).

But the secret is that Buffy, Angel and Gilmore Girls are three of the best written hourlong dramas to grace television, but nobody takes them seriously enough to sit down and watch a few episodes and realize how good they are. Too bad, I guess.

Jaskohouston
08-25-2005, 04:19 AM
Firefly was great. I didn't pick it up until a few months ago, from netflix, but I was hooked.

Can't wait for the movie to come out. Hopefully it will do well enough to get at least a couple more made.

08-25-2005, 04:21 AM
I forgot to mention the Sopranos and Arrested Development. Firefly is next on the list. I saw the first episode and it was great. You guys sure about Lost? Also need to see Buffy. Will look into Rescue Me.

private joker
08-25-2005, 04:32 AM
"Stella" on Comedy Central.

08-25-2005, 04:36 AM
I don't really like Stella. Mr. Show with Bob and David... hands down the best comedy skit show!

SammyKid11
08-25-2005, 05:14 AM
Sopranos is the best show on TV, 24 is the most suspenseful, The West Wing is still very intelligently written and well-acted...I kinda like Joey despite its critical failure -- but that's mainly because I was a big Friends fan.

dcasper70
08-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I'd bet most of OOT would love 'House'. A bitter man full of biting sarcasm. Quite funny for a drama.

08-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Sitcoms suck. All of them. Look for Masterminds on CourTTV . It's awesome. It's about people robbing banks and [censored]. Quit watching sitcoms and being gay.

jakethebake
08-25-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A bitter man full of biting sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's bitter sarcasm in 00t?

Seriosuly though, I've seen a few episodes of House and every one is the same. He insults someone. The hospital threatens to fire him for some dangerous test he gets for a patient. He figures out the disease and saves the day so they don't fire him.

Shajen
08-25-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A bitter man full of biting sarcasm.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's bitter sarcasm in 00t?

Seriosuly though, I've seen a few episodes of House and every one is the same. He insults someone. The hospital threatens to fire him for some dangerous test he gets for a patient. He figures out the disease and saves the day so they don't fire him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but:

YOU'RE RISKING A PATIENT'S LIFE!!!!

BiffMan
08-25-2005, 04:33 PM
Monk's pretty great if you haven't previously sampled it.

samjjones
08-25-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Monk's used to be great if you haven't previously sampled it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Pocket Trips
08-25-2005, 04:44 PM
every once in awhile i get drawn into watching a gilmore girls show just b/c Lauren Graham is so damn hot