PDA

View Full Version : Call here?

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 03:15 AM
Table is too tight on the bubble overall, but button has pushed the most.

Situation 1:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1719)
UTG (t2275)
Button (t3403)
SB (t2603)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises all-in<font color="#666666">

Situation 2:
Same, but hero has A8s

Edit: By too tight, I mean SB has folded their blind to me 3 of the last 4 orbits, people are not pushing often (except for me), and not a single push has been called since the bubble began.

08-25-2005, 03:21 AM
...im lost..something must be wrong with the situation

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...im lost..something must be wrong with the situation

[/ QUOTE ]

In what sense?

ChrisV
08-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Situation 1: Wha? Are you nuts?

Situation 2: This is a bit more like it. It's pretty damn tempting but with the table as you describe it I still think you should fold.

microbet
08-25-2005, 03:41 AM
1 is a fold.

2 is close. I think I'd have to have a feel for how much Button is pushing. ATs I call.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Situation 1: Wha? Are you nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I needed that. For some reason I've lost all my feel for this situation during my absence and actually briefly considered calling here. I just wanted to make sure that it really was a silly notion.

[ QUOTE ]

Situation 2: This is a bit more like it. It's pretty damn tempting but with the table as you describe it I still think you should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking. I'd often call with that hand but it's just too easy to steal on this table.

Scuba Chuck
08-25-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table is too tight on the bubble overall, but button has pushed the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: By too tight, I mean SB has folded their blind to me 3 of the last 4 orbits, people are not pushing often (except for me), and not a single push has been called since the bubble began.

[/ QUOTE ]

By your own notes, it would be hard pressed to call any pushes at this stage without solid hands. Furthermore, it appears, now that the blinds are significant, that you need to pickup your aggression.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1 is a fold.

2 is close. I think I'd have to have a feel for how much Button is pushing. ATs I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is pushing more than the other two (possibly combined), but still less than I am. I generally tend to feel I push a little less often than I should. Does that help?

Scuba Chuck
08-25-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is pushing more than the other two (possibly combined), but still less than I am. I generally tend to feel I push a little less often than I should. Does that help?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certain a little math will solve this for you. That being said, the comparison of that result, which might be slightly postive EV (which is potentially likely as you're the short stack) compared to pushing decent hands first is likely not even close. As I said earlier, I think you need to pickup your aggression. You have a dream bubble table.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As I said earlier, I think you need to pickup your aggression. You have a dream bubble table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I should say that I was pushing a LOT this time. My stack is short because I doubled up the two other shorties, once by calling with QQ, once with AQ.

I was worried that the big stack might get tired of me and decide to take a shot at picking me off with a medium hand.

SammyKid11
08-25-2005, 04:43 AM
Grunch.

No to 1, Yes to 2.

08-25-2005, 05:15 AM
I fold both quickly unless I'm getting 2+:1. Is this a leak? I thought it was standard to fold A8s to just about any push on the bubble.

bennies
08-25-2005, 05:48 AM
fold/fold (I might call with AJs). You have time and plenty FE left. Like Scuba said, a dream bubble table. If you're scared of bigstack then don't steal his blinds, steal when you are sb instead.