PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while since I got married to crappy trips...

FoxwoodsFiend
08-25-2005, 02:59 AM
I figured I'd give it a try. 5/10 NL 6-max on UB. Villain sat down 2 orbits ago and hasn't done anything noteworthy. He has $1000, I cover.
Hero is in BB w/Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Villain limps UTG, one more limper, SB completes, I check.
Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, Hero bets 30, Villain raises to 120, 2 folds to Hero who calls.
Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero checks, villain bets $200, Hero calls.

My questions:
1) Would you call in my spot?
2) If so, what are your plans for the river if the board doesn't fill me up?

mgsimpleton
08-25-2005, 03:07 AM
hmm limped pot preflop, lots of action? well, you could be chopping with Q2 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

that said, i want to come to the wedding but no i don't want to see your babies because if they are anything like this call they will be very very ugly.

i suppose an overplayed AA or KK limped utg are possible but then your babies will definitely be ugly if UTG's genes are anything like his poker, which is ugly.

fimbulwinter
08-25-2005, 03:09 AM
fim

tdarko
08-25-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't bet this flop. i'll c/c 2 PSB's before folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
why?

BobboFitos
08-25-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i want to come to the wedding

[/ QUOTE ]

youre the best bro

mgsimpleton
08-25-2005, 03:15 AM
because it is too easy to let non Q's off the hook by betting here, you rkicker sucks so you only beat non trips. thus the only way u can really get value is by making it look like a flush draw, bet half pot if it misses on river and 1/4 pot if it hits, heh. see fim's post right next to this one, i think he played it well. basically in these spots if you get raised you are no good but you have a good hand with some value for sure.