PDA

View Full Version : Review - Hand 6: Q3o in the SB

TomBrooks
08-25-2005, 02:55 AM
- - HAND 6 - - -
PTY 3/6 6max, 6handed

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, 3.
UTG calls, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, MICROPOSTER completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K, 4, T (4 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, BB folds, UTG folds, CO raises, MICROPOSTER calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J (2 players)
MICROPOSTER checks, CO checks.

River: (4 BB) K (2 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, CO folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB
======================

Good bet on the river. Your repping a King that backed off on the flop due to CO's flop raise. CO might have folded an Ace or a better Queen.

Vote4Pedro
08-25-2005, 03:03 AM
Completing w/ Q3o with a 1/3 blind structure /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

cold_cash
08-25-2005, 03:06 AM
I don't like the pre-flop call, the flop bet, or the call of the flop raise.

Other than that, nice hand I guess.

milesdyson
08-25-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah exactly. is this thread an attempt to see if people blindly agree with your fake analysis?

edit: the hand isn't Q3o. it's Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the flop has 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs.... it should still be folded preflop.

aK13
08-25-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah exactly. is this thread an attempt to see if people blindly agree with your fake analysis?

edit: the hand isn't Q3o. it's Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the flop has 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifs.... it should still be folded preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen you in a long long time.

milesdyson
08-25-2005, 04:02 AM
yeah, just got back from europe. i start working full time next monday so i won't be playing poker until i get a paycheck 3 weeks after that (or later if i plan to begin wasting money immediately). i withdrew my entire roll for my 1.5 month eurovacation.

benkath1
08-25-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, just got back from europe. i start working full time next monday so i won't be playing poker until i get a paycheck 3 weeks after that (or later if i plan to begin wasting money immediately). i withdrew my entire roll for my 1.5 month eurovacation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back.

08-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Preflop: I fold Q3o, even from SB.

Flop: I think it's iffy to bet this with 2 limpers and KT showing up on the flop. Also, having taken a shot at it, but getting raised, I would want to fold to the raise (but, I admit that I usually call this, too, on the probably illogical basis that I don't want to look like I'm bluffing, in order to maintain my TAG image and pick up other pots later).

Turn: I would check and plan on calling, and not mind if it got checked through like it did.

River: Good bet, I think. Looked like he had nada, and you were right.

MrWookie47
08-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Welcome back. We've made quite a few changes while you're gone, from a new digest, to this Microposter thing, to ak13 appearing in [gay voice]fabulouth new pink![/gay voice] Actually, you may have even missed when Greg J became a new moderator. You'll probably want to peruse the threads that have appeared in the digest. There has been some great stuff posted these last few weeks.

08-25-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah postflop is fine, I think preflop is good as well, 2limpers and you have a suited hand, good enough for me, its def. an auto-complete in a 1/2 structure, but in the gay 1/3 it might not be as clearcut

08-25-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Completing w/ Q3o with a 1/3 blind structure /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been told that others don't complete suited junk with two limpers in a 1/3 structure either... but I think Kx is a solid complete here.

Ok, Q3, I'm getting 5:1 and I'm playing only for flush value. How much do I need to make up postflop?

08-25-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the pre-flop call, the flop bet, or the call of the flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you bet the flop with a 4-flush?

GrunchCan
08-25-2005, 11:48 AM
I might bet the flop, if I thought everyone would call. In that case, you probably have equity.

cold_cash
08-25-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the pre-flop call, the flop bet, or the call of the flop raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you bet the flop with a 4-flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, 3.
UTG calls, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, MICROPOSTER completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K, 4, T (4 players)
MICROPOSTER bets, BB folds, UTG folds, CO raises, MICROPOSTER calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I supposed to know you have a 4-flush?

08-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Sorry... I started replying before I had read the entire thread... didn't notice it was titled "Q3o in the SB"!