PDA

View Full Version : good way to use a read or FPS?

jt1
08-25-2005, 01:30 AM
PP 30-3 150/300

BB is a very passive and timid player. He won't raise without the goods and would prefer to sneak ITM.

Hero has Q8o in SB with t1700
Villian is in BB with t1800

UTG folds
Button folds
Hero min raises to 600
Villian calls

I thought I would take advantage of this player by risking the least amount of chips since I thought he'd fold a worse hand than mine. And folding to any aggression since he wouldn't raise without the goods.

BB calls

(600) 6h 8d 9c

Hero goes all-in

pearljam
08-25-2005, 01:32 AM
push pre flop if your sure on your read, min. raising here is bad.

Myst
08-25-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but since you miniraised, you gotta push this flop.

jt1
08-25-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the read? Pushing, i think, is standard here. My question is given the read, why is min raising bad?

Pete H
08-25-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the read? Pushing, i think, is standard here. My question is given the read, why is min raising bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this spot I think it's bad. Did you have a read that he'll actually fold to minraises?

I use minraises sometimes when I notice that BB folds to 'em and especially if it looks like he often preclicks check/fold box.

But the circumstances must be right. The smaller the blinds compared to our stacks the better. I like to have at least 10 BB's before I use this play.

In this case the blinds are too big compared to your stacks.
You'll get good odds if he pushes and must call, so you'll be better off being the pusher.

If you're going to fold if he pushes (really bad idea), you'll be the shortstack and you'll have to push in much worse spot.