PDA

View Full Version : pocket kings under fire

MaxPower
08-25-2005, 12:36 AM
PartyPoker - $15/$30 Texas - 10 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

UTG is 41/21/2.1 (204)
MP1 is 18/11/1.4 (91)

Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PreFlop
<font color="red">UTG RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP1 RAISES</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="blue">LP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>

(3 players) FLOP: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 6.83 BB )
<font color="green">UTG checks</font>, <font color="red">MP1 BETS</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="red">MP1 RAISES</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>

(3 players) TURN: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 11.33 BB )
<font color="green">UTG checks</font>, <font color="green">MP1 checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS</font>
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>, <font color="red">MP1 RAISES</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">UTG Calls</font>

(3 players) RIVER: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 17.33 BB )
<font color="red">UTG BETS</font>, <font color="red">MP1 RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>
UTG is All-In

Any thoughts?

toss
08-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Wow MP1 really took you for a ride. The pot is really large, but the wya MP1 played his hand suggests you're beat.

MaxPower
08-25-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow MP1 really took you for a ride. The pot is really large, but the wya MP1 played his hand suggests you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Kidding. I guess I should have left out the river action. The turn is the interesting street to me.

toss
08-25-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure I have the ability to check the turn behind. MP2 check may seem suspicous, but by not betting you give two players a free card with two clubs on the board. I don't see myself be able to check behind.

Jake (The Snake)
08-25-2005, 01:06 AM
Me either. But I think an argument can be made for folding to the checkraise.

What's Mp1's range when he 3-bets the flop after 3-betting preflop? Seems like AA, KK, QQ, AcKc, and maybe AQs.

After he checkraises the turn, AK and AQ are probably out.

Too narrow?

Edit: also UTG looks like he could be drawing to something so even in the times you are ahead of MP you might get outdrawn.