PDA

View Full Version : 88 vs. LAG

Baseballer02
08-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Any different play I could have made? Re-raise preflop to isolate?

MP2 is 95/25/1.94

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

tyler_cracker
08-25-2005, 02:27 AM
How many hands for these stats? He's really playing 95% of his starting hands? Wow.

I'm still learning to understand the preflop isolation raise, but this seems like a good place for it, especially against such a LAGgy opponent.

Other than that, it looks fine to me. I don't think capping the flop OOP is going to help you, and you have to call down (especially with no overcards on board).

Uglyowl
08-25-2005, 02:37 AM
I don't think you are isolating against MP2 with a re-raise with the button hanging around for one more bet.

I like playing the one extra bet for set value more than the re-raise.

I think you played it perfect.

JacksonTens
08-25-2005, 02:55 AM
Preflop is a tough call, I probly just call it.

On the flop I capping it. The board didn't change much heads up, if hes a real maniac he'll be 3-betting overcards like AK like this.

I'll raise the turn and if he 3bets I'll call down.

If he bets into me on the river, I'll call.

Playing against a maniac is high variance, but don't let them run you over. I think you have the best hand here.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Nick C
08-25-2005, 03:39 AM
I'd probably cap the flop and make MP2 raise me on the turn before I started calling down.

He's pretty maniacal, though, so pulling a stop-n-go on the turn and then another one on the river, to invite bluff-raises, is something else I'd consider. (An aggression factor of 1.94 is very aggressive for someone who's playing 95 percent of his hands and usually has very little.)

Since my hand's pretty vulnerable, I'd like to get Villain to fold prior to the river, really, if I thought there was some way to get him to do that. But somehow I don't think that's happening.

shant
08-25-2005, 04:13 AM
If those stats are over a significant amount of hands, cap the flop, bet the turn, consider 3-betting if he raises the turn. If you don't feel comfortable about that, definitely call him down, but you should've gone a few more bets. I don't like any plan that involves checking both big streets against this guy.

ReadyEddie
08-25-2005, 11:28 AM
What do you guys think about calling the flop and raising the turn? i dont think any flush draws are folding to your flop raise and your pair is extremely vulnerable to overcards. i kind like waiting for a safe turn (non broadway) and then raising then?

am i crazy?