PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars tournament

Hung
04-08-2003, 06:00 AM
Why don't they take you to your seat?
It's very annoying. I played my first $20 tournament at pokerstars. I missed a few hands, but that's ok. I take my seat and there're only 3 players at the table. A few hands later 4 players at the table. Everyone tries to steal the blind. Because it's easy money. I get KK and I raise 250 which is huge. I suppose the guy thinks I want to steal and he calls with 99. The flop 9T2. I check and he bets 250. I move all in. And lose 1000 of my 1500 stack. 500 left... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
And I blame stars. He would never call if all 9 players were there. I'm still in the tourny. But for how long. 50 left out of 107. First prize $642
I don't see any familiar faces. I suppose everyone is sleeping. Just one guy: AcesNspaces. I think he posts here too.

Simon Diamond
04-08-2003, 10:23 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Everyone tries to steal the blind. Because it's easy money. I get KK and I raise 250 which is huge. I suppose the guy thinks I want to steal and he calls with 99. The flop 9T2. I check and he bets 250. I move all in. And lose 1000 of my 1500 stack. 500 left...

And I blame stars. He would never call if all 9 players were there.

[/ QUOTE ]

You underestimate what some players will do in tournaments of that sort of buy in. Seen a lot worse and done a lot worse myself /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Simon