PDA

View Full Version : Three 20-40 hands

RichardG
04-08-2003, 03:08 AM
hello.
Foxwoods 20-40 last weekend. Place is SWAMPED due to the New England Poker Classic, which i avoided at all costs, 577 entries in the first Limit Holdem event..wow.

ok..on to the hands.
im in Ep with A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/club.gif and raise.
all fold to the button who re-raises, and i just call.
Flop is A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif X
i bet out, and button calls.
Turn J /forums/images/icons/club.gif
i check, Button bets, i raise to 80, he re-raises to 120, i re raise to 160, he re raises to 200, and now i know what he has, i just call the 40 more.
River. unimportant, i check call.
He shows Queen King Offsuit. I proceed to vomit.

Hand 2.
i went for a walk and come back to post behind the button.
I have A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
i just call. sb folds and Big blind checks.
Flop A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
BB checks, i bet, she calls.
Turn is another 3
BB checks, i bet she calls.
River is another T
She bets, i moan and call.
i lose to q-T off.

Hand 3
i have JJ UTG and Raise, Mp (woman i plaid the previous hand against) Calls. everyone else folds.
Flop comes Rags, 9 high, i bet, she raises, i re-raise, she calls.
Turn, another rag, below a 10
i bet she calls.
river is a 6, no flush or straight possible, i bet, she raises, and i just call.
She flips over 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif for 2 pair.

ok. help me please.
comments, suggestions, bullets?
amongst those memorable hands, countless 4 flush nut flops and straights never getting there, or being ruined by a paierd board and 2 re raises before it gets to me..i dunno, i need some sufggestions on the above hands, and maybe just a vote of confidence.
thanks all.
-Rich

glen
04-08-2003, 05:39 AM
I think I would have played all three the exact same way. In the second hand, I know people who I can fold to their bet. In the third hand, since she seems extremely loose passive, based on her 69 coldcall, you might fold here based on how she had been playing in general. Other than that, sounds like you had a bad weekend, but you didn't make any big mistakes, so, get'em next time. . .

PokerPrince
04-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Hand #1: Bet the turn don't check it. Screw the fancy stuff. If that person person showed you his KQo and asked if he could see the turn with his gutshot, what would you say? You'de say, "OF COURSE YOU CAN!" Don't be upset, HE made the mistake. If he didn't hit it, and more often than not he won't, you would be greatfull that he went for it.

Hand #2: Raise your A9o from the late posting position when it's folded to you. Fold when she bets out on the river. You wasted a BB just to keep her honest and see what she had.

Hand #3: Pretty generic suckout if you ask me.

If you want the posters here to hold your hand and tell you it will never happen again it's not gonna happen. You WILL lose at the river with superior holdings many times in your poker career. Take your beats like a champ and wait for your next advantageous opportunity.

PokerPrince

glen
04-08-2003, 06:51 AM
After I read Pokerprince's post, I realized I overlooked a few things. In hand 2, raise here 100% of the time. Hand 1, I thought you bet the turn and got raised. You should have bet, especially since you got three-bet pre-flop. Bet and hope he raises. . .

Ed Miller
04-08-2003, 07:55 AM
I would raise my CO post every time in hand 2. In fact, I raise any two cards when it's folded to me in my CO post and I think there's a decent shot the blinds will fold. A9o is plenty of hand to be raising in that spot.

RichardG
04-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the Tips guys. Much appreciated. My feelings about hand 1, about not beting the turn were right. Thanks Poker prince. And the A9 post in the CO i knew i should have raised, but my thinking at that point(tilt setting in) was that, i knew everyone else was going to fold except the BB, the woman NEVER FOLDED a big blind to a raise. At that point i felt that, if i riased, she would win, no matter what, so by not raising in the beginning, i felt like i was saving money. Oh well. And the last thing, im not asking for sympathy, trust me, ive been through this all before, i was just asking for some people to give me some tips on how to restart from being so beat up on. Thanks again, and ill let you know how i do in the future!
-Rich

andyfox
04-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Hand 1: If he had a spade in his hand, you're going to win with this flop 83.43% of the time; if he doesn't, your win percentage goes up to 86.26. So he's going to draw out on you about 1 time in 7.

Hand 2: You're an 80/20 favorite after the flop. So she'll catch up 1 time in 5.

Hand 3: Again, you're about a 4:1 favorte.

Stuff like this happens all the time. These weren't 100:1 shots. If the guys drawing short never caught up there'd be no games.

RichardG
04-08-2003, 03:47 PM
thanks andy. I know it happens all the time. It felt as if it was happening to me and only me, but thats how you feel when it happens a few times and a few hundred dollars are lost. Im well aware of the fact that its part of the game. Just sucks that it seemed to be happening to me everytime, but now that im back to level headed, i know it happens to all of us. Thanks again for your analysis.
-Rich

elysium
04-08-2003, 07:18 PM
hi rich
you need to reraise the first hand pre-flop; otherwise, well played.