PDA

View Full Version : HU QQ line with a flopped A

coinflip
08-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...?

No specific reads on villain. Am I WA/WB here on the flop? Check-calling seems weird since I had the lead preflop. What's my plan for the river given my line, and does anyone have a better line for the whole hand?

SoftcoreRevolt
08-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Well, right now it would seem you are only behind KK, since an ace would have to raise this somewhere after 3betting preflop. I guess the question is, will an unknown call a bet here more often than he bluffs the river.

In this case I think I'd bet, since he's very likely calling this river (no non made hands on this board are possible that would 3bet PF.) unless he had TT with one being a diamond and wanted to see a river or something.

eviljeff
08-24-2005, 11:33 PM
honestly, reads here are crucial - you need to know what villain will 3bet pf.

flop bet is standard. turn I probably fire again because I really don't know what else to do.

the river is a clear c/c. looks like he's calling you down, or waiting to spring the trap if he's tricky. I don't think you'll fold a better hand, and this can't be a value bet against the average player.

USDaniels
08-25-2005, 12:13 AM
To me, MP3's call mode says that he thinks you have the Aces (which means he doesn't). Could be KK-10's, maybe AK (but still fearing AA?).

Tough one, I think I'd keep betting here. I'm not sure what MP3 3-bet PF that folds here, but I also don't know what was 3-bet PF and played so weakly up until now. KQs? I think that between the chance that MP3 will fold and the chance that you are still good here, betting makes sense.

Now off to read the other replies.

hemstock
08-25-2005, 12:27 AM
I would bet the river as well. If he raises you get out. If he has an ace or KK be happy the way he played it and didn't cost you anything more. If not, he's propably calling down with JJ, TT or anything else that you beat.