PDA

View Full Version : Comcast in MD

esknights
08-24-2005, 09:31 PM
The only Cable/Internet service I can get in my new apartment is Comcast. I have heard numerous people complain about the service. What is your consensus?

YourFoxyGrandma
08-24-2005, 09:32 PM
I have it when I'm at home from school over the summer. It's fast and rarely down. No complaints other than the price.

Smarty
08-24-2005, 11:12 PM
I got it this summer when I had an internship. The installation was fast and the people came in early. They screwed up my bill, but I contacted a very nice lady who even called me a few times to make sure everything was set straight.

cdxx
08-25-2005, 12:07 AM
it's expensive (back when i was paying for it) and it goes down every now and then (at the place where i live now, but no longer pay for it), but that is fixed when you restart the modem. could be equipment problem.

i f**king hate the fact that it's so expensive. i think you are better off getting verizon dsl.

Crveballin
08-25-2005, 12:13 AM
I live in the Gaithersbug area and have it. Yes its expensive but for the most part works well. A month ago the service kept going out and went out for a full week before getting service. After multiple calls and service checks they fixed the problem. Apparantely, according to the Post, when Verizon was laying cable, they were "messing" with other cables causing the problem.

My modem does need reseting which is annoying because its upstairs, but that could be a hardware issue.