PDA

View Full Version : How do you prepare for a session?

helpmeout
08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Normally I just play but that doesnt seem to be working too well.

Do you guys read some set notes?
Use visualisation techniques?
Do you play after a meal?
after exercise?

Discuss

deepsquat
08-24-2005, 09:12 PM
u need to be relaxed and have a clear head. I think whatever brings you as an individual to to this point is fine.

Notes on what things have made u successful at poker can be good. For insance if u have a tendancy to be weak-tight have a note next to the comp tell u to raise your good hands and value bet relentlessley.

Victor
08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
sometimes i get stoned.

easypete
08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I think that if you prepare, you won't play at your best... similar to bowling and golf.

Preperation is practice (for poker... reading, posting, thinking about hands, etc)... if you try to prepare right before you play, it may be counterproductive.

I think the better question is when you get ready to play, what are the triggers that will make you not play. For me, if I can't focus for any reason (work, family, one of the ADD days, etc.)

dave44
08-24-2005, 09:48 PM
My normal tendencies would be to make sure I won't have to pee in 5 minutes, grab a glass of water or something, put on some music, close up crap that could distract me and do it up. I also recently taped up a quote from Gazza saying...

"Maybe you should try an experiment post flop for a while. Play your normal game when you have a good hand and play like a calling station when you have a marginal hand! You might be surprised by the results"

...as a reminder while I adjust my game to the 10/20 and get more hands to showdown, induce more bluffs from the LAGs, etc.

I go back to school Friday so I might have to smack some people around to make sure they don't bother me, too.

cartman
08-24-2005, 10:10 PM
I just make sure I have an ass tourniquet ready and then start playing.

Cartman

jba
08-24-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sometimes i get stoned.

[/ QUOTE ]

PassiveCaller
08-24-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sometimes i get stoned.

[/ QUOTE ]