PDA

View Full Version : River Dilemma...

blackaces13
08-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Poster is new to the table...as most posters are.

Hero is sb with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Preflop: 3 folds, MP (poster) checks, 2 folds, Hero completes, BB checks

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 sb) 3 players
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, BB folds, MP calls

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (2.5 BB) 2 players
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, MP calls

River A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (4.5 BB) 2 players
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, <font color="red"> MP raises </font>

Damn, 4 straight on board and his cards are random. Am I good here 1 in 8?

USDaniels
08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
At the limits I play (.05/.10 and .25/.50), river raises (in fact, most raises) are what they seem to be. And yet, I still call them down because I think even pairing his ace might wake him up enough to raise (again, at my limits it doesn't take much to excite us).

Dang, it's a really small pot to make a crying call over but I know I would do it. Even though this post takes me to "journeyman" status, I know that I'm still a newbie /images/graemlins/frown.gif

@bsolute_luck
08-24-2005, 09:16 PM
i'm more tempted to 3-bet than simply call, but against an unknown, calling is probably best, but i ain't folding for sure.

you should raise preflop and get it HU against a lone posting limper. you might win it right there.

VoraciousReader
08-24-2005, 09:42 PM
I think you're good here most of the time, actually. He doesn't know you have his Ax reverse dominated. A 4 beats you, but I like a 3-bet here.

Edit: Wow, I'm an enthusiast! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

teajay
08-24-2005, 10:23 PM
I want to call this. But as for you being good 1 in 8, I don't know. This could be an Ace with good kicker, bluff raise, slowplayed 3, lucky 4 or worse two pair. ugh, so many hands.