PDA

View Full Version : hand to talk about

snakehead
04-08-2003, 12:57 AM
one limper, loose-aggressive raises, calling station calls, and I call on the button with K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

flop is A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif all check to me, and I bet. limper folds, the other two call. turn is T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif , making the board

A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

all check to me, and I bet. la calls, cs raises, I reraise, la folds, and cs calls.

rive is 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

cs checks, I bet, he calls.

and my hand is good.

all comments are welcome.

best regards,

mason

andyfox
04-08-2003, 01:25 AM
You should have checked the river. They we'd really have something to talk about.

PokerPrince
04-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Not too keen on the preflop call. Other than that issue, there's nothing to talk about. You made the biggest hand imaginable and bet/raised at every opportunity. A trained chimp could play it out. Although I think the chimp would have folded preflop. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

PokerPrince

J.A.Sucker
04-08-2003, 02:25 AM
I like the hand all the way - the preflop call is fine, especially since loose aggressive raised, and there's tons of money in the pot and you have the button (and are likely the best player in the game). Too bad the river didn't pair the board. Glad to see that people in L.A. don't draw out on Royals. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Clarkmeister
04-08-2003, 02:58 AM
That's plenty of hand for a player of Snakeheads calibur to play in this spot. The raiser is a LAG so he may well have the best hand, the pot is multiway and his hand plays well that way, and he has the button.

Besides, if he 3 bets he might not get max value on his Royal. Got to slowplay at least one street, may as well make it the first one. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

PokerPrince
04-08-2003, 06:23 AM
Yup, you're right. I failed to see the extra limper before the loose raiser. This would make the call more prudent, especially on the button. I still don't think the rest of the hand commentary other than, "Hey buddy, nice royal!"

PokerPrince

Ed Miller
04-08-2003, 07:49 AM
I would fold when the calling station checkraises you on the turn. When calling stations checkraise you on the big bet streets, you are usually beaten and should throw your hand away.