PDA

View Full Version : 2 Top Pair Hands River Action

closer2313
08-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Hand 1

Table is Loose Passive
UTG/CO are both loose passive

Anyone raising this preflop? I would if it were suited for sure, but i just took the free flop here.

I think Flop/Turn are standard. What is everyone doing on the river. Bet/fold to a raise, check/call? Bet/Call?

I think its pretty obvious he made his straight, but I'm getting 10:1. He is really passive and Im almost positive im beat, but should I fold here? Call?

Thanks

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Hero ????.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hand 2

Table is loose passive. I don't have a good read on the villian besides he is loose preflop. Ive only played about ~12-15 hands with him and he has played half - 2/3s of them.

Preflop - Standard Raise correct? If it was AJo would I just complete because of my terrible position?

Flop/Turn - Standard I believe. If he raised the turn what is your action?

River- No obvious draw hit unless he paired his ace kicker or slowplayed the flush on the turn. Im getting 12.5:1 with TPGK, call here? Fold?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero ???.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

08-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Hand 1:
If you're incredibly confident in your read, fold. However, I'm tempted to say call: you only need to win this hand once out of ten times to make a call the right play. Regardless, you bet for value on the river (holding top pair with great kicker).

Also, after seeing all the limpers PF you want to raise this hand.

Hand 2:
Raise PF is definitely fine--you should be raising PF with AJs even if you're in SB, and especially seeing the limps.

If villain raises the turn, you call and c/c the river, wait for more action there. You're still getting odds to make this a call (again, 10.25:1), but you seem to have faith in read on villain.

@bsolute_luck
08-24-2005, 09:21 PM
you should probably fold both with your reads, however:

hand #1: fold. that 8 completed the straight as well as a likely 2 pair or worse.

hand #2: i call and get shown a rivered 3 outer, but that 6 is less scary than the 8 in hand #1, so i'm fine with calling.

grjr
08-24-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you should probably fold both with your reads, however:

hand #1: fold. that 8 completed the straight as well as a likely 2 pair or worse.

hand #2: i call and get shown a rivered 3 outer, but that 6 is less scary than the 8 in hand #1, so i'm fine with calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1--I don't fold to too many river raises. Maybe that's a leak but I've picked off quite a few donk raises so maybe it isn't costing me much. Not to mention table image issues.

Hand 2--I wouldn't be surprised to lose to a small flush here. I call anyways because I've had quite a few people raise the river with a weak ace.

08-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Grunge

1. Fold. I think the bet is OK we beat lots of hands an LP would call with. I hate to fold for 1 bet getting 10:1, but If the read is a solid as you say, he made his str8.

2. Call. You're getting 12:1 and you don't have asolid read.