PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt - Why not more popular?

UATrewqaz
08-24-2005, 07:59 PM
They have a hoarde of top pro endorserers who always wear their gear, they do a pretty good job advertising on TV with somewhat clever commercials, yet hardly anyone ever plays there. I was just wondering why? I have poked around on it a little (never signed up, just downloaded and looked) and it seems the software is good, the tournament structure is good, they offer Razz which nobody else does, so what's the deal? The only thing I know is that their bonus clear rate SUXXXXX which is why I've never signed up to whore them.

08-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I play at about a 10BB per 100 hands rate at Ultimate Bet $100 NL but when I put some money in Full Tilt to try to clear a 100% bonus, I played three days, about 12 hours, and just ended up losing $100. Players were routinely flipping over cards that I did not see coming, or calling what I thought were solid, well-timed bluffs. After three days I decided it wasn't that I was playing worse, it was that my competition was simply better than I was, so I left. Maybe I'll go back when I decide I'm a better player, but for now...all those good players can just keep playing eachother.

SinCityGuy
08-24-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yet hardly anyone ever plays there. I was just wondering why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe most people want to play in softer games.

illunious
08-24-2005, 08:25 PM
It's doing great for being like a year old and having tough games. They're probably growing (proportionally) faster than any other site. Their marketing (named pros instead of bonus clear rates) is probably attracting the players that will make the games softer thus attracting the "sharks", so I expect them to keep up the fast growth.

Simplistic
08-24-2005, 08:56 PM
i don't mind their bonus clear rate. in addition they popped me 50 bucks in their recent 10k a day promo. not a bad site. just needs more players

SoftcoreRevolt
08-24-2005, 09:11 PM
6,400 players online for a year old site isn't bad at all.

08-25-2005, 07:35 AM
Until recently, no PT.

pottie
08-25-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play at about a 10BB per 100 hands rate at Ultimate Bet $100 NL but when I put some money in Full Tilt to try to clear a 100% bonus, I played three days, about 12 hours, and just ended up losing $100. Players were routinely flipping over cards that I did not see coming, or calling what I thought were solid, well-timed bluffs. After three days I decided it wasn't that I was playing worse, it was that my competition was simply better than I was, so I left. Maybe I'll go back when I decide I'm a better player, but for now...all those good players can just keep playing eachother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your bankroll not too big for $100NL?

goodguy_1
08-25-2005, 10:13 AM
no action,miserly pot averages. Why play there instead of other rooms that are teeming with fish?

08-25-2005, 11:00 AM
I've played a significant amount on FT / PP / PS. The games on FT in general are tougher and less profitable. I wonder if the pro endorsements might not be a hinderance. In pro sports you want to look like Roger Clemens with a cool jersey. In poker who wants to play against Clemens.

My two cents. I play tournments on all three sites. But the cash game is clearly best on PP.

Brett

aargh57
08-25-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In poker who wants to play against Clemens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know Clemens was that good a poker player.

gomberg
08-25-2005, 02:16 PM
My win rate there (5-10+ NL) is the same as at party, so I don't think the games are that bad. I like the software. PT is going to support it now. Tournament structure is the best I've seen out of party and pstars. Just not a huge game selection. They usually have 2-3 tables of 6max 5-10 NL and 1 table of full 5-10 each night. Sprinkle that with the occasional 6max or full 10-20 game and shorthanded 25-50 and 50-100... it's not too bad for 1 year old site. Seems like they're growing too. Also, the bonus does suck, but I just treat it like 50% rakeback and use it up when I get the chance.

timprov
08-25-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know Clemens was that good a poker player.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can understand wanting to play against David Wells instead, yes?

yvesaint
08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
the site looks like it was built for children

SoCalRugger
08-25-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently a lot of people. I was watching Phil Ivey play the 50/100 NL, and one of the observers at the table asked him if he wanted to play a .5/1 NL. He said why not and sat down at an empty table. Within one minute of him sitting down, the table was full and there were 40 people on the waitlist.

In baseball, the average person won't have a chance in hell of getting a hit off Roger Clemens. But in poker, the average person can definitely win a big pot of a pro like Phil Ivey and give them something to brag about.

08-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Glad you asked!

Last December I dropped $100 in Full Tilt to check it out since so many Pro's were endorsing it.

Ever been looking at trip queens on the turn and get booted by the software? I continuously got booted. I was returned crappy e-mails that did nothing but make me more upset.

They may have fixed it now, but I WILL NEVER play on that site. I just can't believe those pro's threw their name on such a low quality product (at least initially).

dibbs
08-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Seems like most people in this thread addressed the question why dont 2+2ers play there (obviously the games suck), but I think youre asking why it isnt more popular for rec players.

I agree with your logic, theyre doing a good job splattering the WSOP with ad space, which should attract more traffic, but they really arent doing bad for a site still basically in its infancy. On the same note I think stars is doing a good job of getting their name out there with all that stars.net crap.

bottomset
08-27-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently a lot of people. I was watching Phil Ivey play the 50/100 NL, and one of the observers at the table asked him if he wanted to play a .5/1 NL. He said why not and sat down at an empty table. Within one minute of him sitting down, the table was full and there were 40 people on the waitlist.

In baseball, the average person won't have a chance in hell of getting a hit off Roger Clemens. But in poker, the average person can definitely win a big pot of a pro like Phil Ivey and give them something to brag about.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, how long did he stay?

Rockatansky
08-27-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Glad you asked!

Last December I dropped $100 in Full Tilt to check it out since so many Pro's were endorsing it.

Ever been looking at trip queens on the turn and get booted by the software? I continuously got booted. I was returned crappy e-mails that did nothing but make me more upset.

They may have fixed it now, but I WILL NEVER play on that site. I just can't believe those pro's threw their name on such a low quality product (at least initially).

[/ QUOTE ]

You're the only person I've ever seen complain about the stability of their software. Personally, I've never had any problems with it whatsoever and think it's great.

maybedinero
08-28-2005, 07:06 AM
I signed up for bonus, but am probably not gonna bother playing it. The games even at lowest NL stakes are tight as the proverbial.

lighterjobs
08-28-2005, 04:18 PM
i deposited some money on there today for the first time to play the horse tournament tonight. i've been playing in a $50NL for the past hour in a nine handed game and haven't gotten any action whatsoever. if i raise in the co/button 3x the bb everyone folds, if i bet the flop, everyone folds etc. but, don't take this into consideration too much because i don't play no limit on any other sites, just passing the time right now, so it might be like this on most sites.

utmt40
08-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Who knows?

Freudian
08-28-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think FT would really benefit from the pros always playing a low limit table when they are there. I know it is pointless for the pro but will be encourage the fishies a lot.