PDA

View Full Version : heads up poker

mmmmmbrother
08-24-2005, 07:33 PM
if you are heads up against someone you know is a weaker player, would you stay away from all-ins because you know you can work him down to nothing?

ex.you play a headsup match on stars(each start with t1500) after 40 hands you are destroying him. you have t1900 and he has t1100 without any major pots. you pickup kings and double the blinds to 100. he pushes.
fold?

Swedebubba
08-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I think thats an easy call heads up. Even if u call and lose u have 800 and if the blinds are still small and oppenent is that weak u could still come back if he hits his A (which more then likey he his pushing a medium A) the game is still yours for the taking.

SoftcoreRevolt
08-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Second easiest call ever.

Tailgunner
08-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I agree... why take his money slowly when you can take it all right now? If by chance it don't work, *then* you take it slowly.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dhaimon
08-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Agreed, but what if you had deuces?

mmmmmbrother
08-25-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you fixed my example.
what if you had deuces and the chips were closer to even, say to tge point of you having to auto push if you lose.

i dont think having t800 with25/50 blinds and a probable increase soon is very comfortable. especially when villan sees he can win more easialy if he just pushes.

baronzeus
08-25-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing with deuces is retarded.

wonkadaddy
08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
it matter what kind of "horrible" player you're facing.

if you're facing a horrible, reckless player w/a penchant for gambling, your edge won't be that huge anyway and you can't afford to trash many of your good hands.

if you're facing someone that plays weak tight and folds any flop that misses them, you should have a tremendous edge headsup. in this case it would make sense to fold KK (or even AA)

the degree you can reduce gambling situations (even extremely good ones) depends on how significant your edge is and how much your opponent is willing to gamble.

also, if you're playing to improve your hourly income, you may want to take some of these good, but non-ideal, gambles to decrease the time you spend per match

WhiteWolf
08-25-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing with deuces is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and calling a push with deuces is even more retarded.