PDA

View Full Version : PsychoRaiser advice?

08-24-2005, 07:23 PM
If anybody has any advice on this one I'd appreciate it. I've been playing at Pacific Poker which is known for fish. I've been making good money at the 10 and 25 dollar buy in tables, but at night they seem to crawl with psycho raisers. Its 10 cent blinds and they raise 5 bucks preflops with nothing...or something. You have no way of knowing. People call them fish but you never know what they have and I'd like an edge in a ring game before I throw all my cash in.
As an example, today I went all in with AA preflop and lost to a guy who met my 40 times all in (what was left) blind raise with 5/6 OFfsuit. He got trips and I lost.
What should I do? They don't know how to play but its hard to break them unless you keep going back for more cash. Going after 20 cents with 10 bucks preflop is beyond bad poker. I'd appreciate your advice.

djoyce003
08-24-2005, 07:27 PM
wow...nicely done, managed to get a bad beat post in for your first post...way to go, i'm sure you'll do well here.

Joshssj4
08-24-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anybody has any advice on this one I'd appreciate it. I've been playing at Pacific Poker which is known for fish. I've been making good money at the 10 and 25 dollar buy in tables, but at night they seem to crawl with psycho raisers. Its 10 cent blinds and they raise 5 bucks preflops with nothing...or something. You have no way of knowing. People call them fish but you never know what they have and I'd like an edge in a ring game before I throw all my cash in.
As an example, today I went all in with AA preflop and lost to a guy who met my 40 times all in (what was left) blind raise with 5/6 OFfsuit. He got trips and I lost.
What should I do? They don't know how to play but its hard to break them unless you keep going back for more cash. Going after 20 cents with 10 bucks preflop is beyond bad poker. I'd appreciate your advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
You should fold AA in that position against a "PsychoRaiser," imo.

08-24-2005, 07:31 PM
thanks for the advice, if they raise every hand then what should you play against them?

08-24-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm not like that, Aces losing are part of the game. My question is, how do you handle psychos in a NL ring game? in a tourney, well, they're gone eventually, but how do you handle them in a cash game?

Joshssj4
08-24-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the advice, if they raise every hand then what should you play against them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Against PsychoRaisers, suited connectors under 6 such as, 23s, 34s, 45s. These cards have an incredibly high edge over these kind of raisers.

wdeadwyler
08-24-2005, 07:41 PM
The best way to beat psycho raisers is to wait for a premium hand (1010-AA, AKs, AK, AQs) and try to get a lot of money in preflop. Its gonna be hard to read them post flop so get your money in early when you have an edge. Marginal hands like 45s-10js go way down in value since you will rarely be getting correct odds to draw from the flop on. Unless they suck. Just play VERY tight and aggres..sive and wait for the money to come your way.

08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks for taking the time to give me that excellent advice. I will follow your suggestion.