PDA

View Full Version : Follow up on this turn?

cmwck
08-24-2005, 06:22 PM
BB is new to the table, and it looks like MP is shaping up to be extremely loose: 85% vpip after 17 hands

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets....?

I bet because a typical player (and MP esp.) would call the flop with an overcard or two or a flush draw, and the turn card is probably no help to them.

And, just for fun, what's the maximum number of overcards (and their rank) that have to appear on the flop in this situation before you won't bet the flop anymore?

cmwck
08-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I hate to do this, but wow, only 7 views?

baronzeus
08-24-2005, 09:01 PM
yes

Rubeskies
08-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Easy Turn Bet

I also, bet any flop and any turn card.

cmwck
08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Second question: What % of the time do you need to have the best hand on the flop to make betting correct? is it 1/3?

Rubeskies
08-24-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Second question: What % of the time do you need to have the best hand on the flop to make betting correct? is it 1/3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but against almost any opponent(s) you'll ever play against in this game, betting the flop after raising preflop 3-way or HU is pretty much almost always going to be correct.

EDIT: Unless you can get in a check/raise with a big hand etc.

cmwck
08-24-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but against almost any opponent(s) you'll ever play against in this game, betting the flop after raising preflop 3-way or HU is pretty much almost always going to be correct.

EDIT: Unless you can get in a check/raise with a big hand etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just wondering what makes it correct to bet here 95% of the time, and what makes it incorrect to bet that 5% of the time (or whatever the numbers are). Perhaps the answer is in the shorthanded section of HPFAP, I haven't read that in a while and probably should.