PDA

View Full Version : Bet this river for value??

skiier04
08-24-2005, 06:10 PM
$11R on stars... nowhere close to money. New to the table so no reads...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t12675)
MP2 (t12095)
MP3 (t4695)
CO (t4220)
Button (t9298)
SB (t9675)
Hero (t14070)
UTG (t26165)
UTG+1 (t12760)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t400</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t400, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls t300, Hero calls t200.

Flop: (t1600) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1400</font>, UTG calls t1400, MP1 folds, SB folds.

Turn: (t4400) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t2200</font>, UTG calls t2200.

River: (t8800) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: t8800

benneh
08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
bet 3k.

Matador225
08-24-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet 3k.

[/ QUOTE ]

DyessMan89
08-24-2005, 06:40 PM
3K sounds right ... hes probobly got a hand like KQ that hes trying to get shown down. Hell call your 3k bet most likley. Only problem with betting 3k is your put at a very tough decision if he makes a large raise.

JC_Saves
08-24-2005, 06:43 PM
PF fine, but I think betting out on that flop is really a scary proposition for two reasons. One, there is an over card with 3 others in the pot, plus there is a 10 on the board which could give many people straight possibilities especially with the Q there as well.

The second reason I wouldn't is because your kicker is horrendous. THere are too many people in this pot to make a move on it.

The Turn play is really poor given your holdings and the fact you were called on this flop. He called your flop semi-bluff pot bet, which should have scared you.

You put a lot of chips at risk with a very marginal hand and in very poor position. After you get called on the flop, it was crazy to bet out again on the turn. What information did you learn from your bets? Because it doesn't look like you learned anything.

As far as betting for value, I think that is just silly. You should have lost your ass on this hand. Check for value. lol The chips you save when he shows KQ, QT, AT AQ, 66 A6 etc.

skiier04
08-24-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PF fine, but I think betting out on that flop is really a scary proposition for two reasons. One, there is an over card with 3 others in the pot, plus there is a 10 on the board which could give many people straight possibilities especially with the Q there as well.

The second reason I wouldn't is because your kicker is horrendous. THere are too many people in this pot to make a move on it.

The Turn play is really poor given your holdings and the fact you were called on this flop. He called your flop semi-bluff pot bet, which should have scared you.

You put a lot of chips at risk with a very marginal hand and in very poor position. After you get called on the flop, it was crazy to bet out again on the turn. What information did you learn from your bets? Because it doesn't look like you learned anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you misread the hand or something.... I flopped 2 pair...

benneh
08-24-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As far as betting for value, I think that is just silly. You should have lost your ass on this hand. Check for value. lol The chips you save when he shows KQ, QT, AT AQ, 66 A6 etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

JC, hero scored 2 pair on the flop. I don't think betting out here is bad at all.

Bco1/75
08-24-2005, 07:17 PM
I think betting out is the right call here even betting the turn, but when he called the Bet on the after the A hit on the turn. I check the river. What hand range did you have him on? At a minimum you could not say that betting bottom pair on the river is betting for value in this situation....What do you think when he re-raises the flop? That would be a tough call.

Dave D
08-24-2005, 08:20 PM
I would have check/raised on the flop. You know someone's probably going to bet it, probably the PF raisor. I raise him and make sure it isolates UNLESS it comes back to me and everyone else had folded to someone else's raise, then I call. Then I check/raise the turn. Then I bet the river.

You didn't play it badly, I just like this line better. I don't know why you check the river really, what are you afraid of? No flush out there, no super scary straight draws I don't think.

edit: What I mean is I think 98 or a better two pair would have raised the turn. I wouldn't be too scared of it.