PDA

View Full Version : RedLadies

Harati
04-07-2003, 09:04 PM
I recently was in a $120 buyin no limit holdem tournament with no rebuys. I made it through the first four three rounds. Down from 62 players down to 35. I'm short stacked with $900 in chips (the rest had around $600-1800 in chips). I finally get QQ in the big blind. Blinds are $50-100. The field folds except middle position maniac, followed by the loose aggressive small blind who goes all in with $1200. I go all in with my red queens.

Should I have done this?

The middle position folds, so it's down to just me and the small blind.

He ends up with big slick AK.

Flop comes 2,3,J
Turn comes 10
River is a Queen giving me the set of Q's, but also the backdoor straight for the small blind. I'm out of the tournement..

Any suggestions?

DaNoob
04-07-2003, 10:06 PM
Even if I knew that SB was on big slick, I don't think you're going to have a better chance at doubling or tripling your stack, especially given the fact that you are short-stacked as it is. I played in a few tournies this weekend where I had KK, QQ, JJ and couldn't get anyone to call even a medium sized bet. I would have loved to get the opportunity to go all-in with those hands (maybe not JJ).

Bottom line - don't let the results skew your judgement. If you read both players as being aggressive/maniac players, this is the right call. My read would have been that SB also noticed that MP was a maniac and wanted a chance to go H2H with him for the rest of his stack. Hence, he could have held even less than Big Slick. QQ is not a big favorite over AK, but enough that I would have jumped on it given your situation.

ohkanada
04-08-2003, 09:04 AM
Lets see a maniac limps and a loose aggressive player goes all-in. And you have QQ and you are short stacked.

Of course you call! Don't play the results!

Ken Poklitar