PDA

View Full Version : Phone Video games

NLSoldier
08-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I recently got a Razer phone and noticed you have to buy the games if you want them. Any suggestions from people who have bought some? I was thinking Tiger Woods 2005 looked good. I was also kinda curious about the WPT Poker game.

swede123
08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Don't pay 4 bucks a month for some lame game on a small screen. If you want to play on the run buy yourself a portable video game (I don't know which might be better, but they are bound to be better than the crap that's available for phones).

Swede

NLSoldier
08-24-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't pay 4 bucks a month for some lame game on a small screen. If you want to play on the run buy yourself a portable video game (I don't know which might be better, but they are bound to be better than the crap that's available for phones).

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really 4 bucks/month? I was under the impression it was 6 bucks, one time.

swede123
08-24-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't know for sure. I have Verizon and when I got my current phone I played around with the downloadable games, ring tones etc. From what I found I think they would charge me a usage fee of like 2-5 bucks per month for as long as I wanted to play the game. I might have been confused, it happens more and more these days.

Edit...

Ok, I just checked it out again and I guess you can either do the one time download for $7 (for Fantastic Four, whee) or you can do a monthly subscription for $3 per month. I guess for a one time fee of $7 its not too cost prohibitive, but it still seems like a scam when considering how lame these games on 1-inch screens are.

Swede

siccjay
08-24-2005, 06:23 PM
I was wondering this too. They have TONS of sweet sounding games. I'm sure the next trip I'm on I'll get bored enough to try one.

SL__72
08-24-2005, 06:50 PM
I got cribbage and I haven't been dissapointed. Its nice for random boring periods of time (layovers etc.) I'm sure like chess/tetris could be fun too.

/edit Verizon games (at least the ones I looked at) it was $3/mo or unlimited for $7 (or some variation)

john smith
08-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I have Tetris and Pacman on my Verizon phone, I think those are two of the best games you can get on a cellphone right now. I had a p*ker game once called Downtown Texas Hold'em that absolutely sucked balls which leads me to believe the WPT game wouldn't be much better.

Hamish McBagpipe
08-24-2005, 07:33 PM
Zaxxon.